I've got $6000, which setup should I go with?

I meant an intake mounted blower ie...roots or twin screw......and the old shelby's were simply reg Ford's with bolt on parts. Centrifugal's can make awesome power but it takes longer to spool up. The roots/screws are instant. I have called around to a couple of shops that I use and it looks like the going rate for a blower install of any brand is around 1k. They are not that difficult to install, you and a buddy coud easily do it over a weekend with a couple of beers of course......:D

If I want the ultimate street car I would use a screw type blower, if I wanted an ultimate drag car I would use a centrifugal and or turbo for the higher end power. But on the street I want my power instantly. Bever know when a vette or a viper or even better yet something European is around the corner.....:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Are you going to build the short block too? As with any forced induction I am weary of the stock block, wouldnt want to put 6K in a KB and then put a window in the block. I have heard 450HP is all the stocker can take and the KB can really huff out some boost.

some people have done fine with 475rwhp... then some have thrown a rod with 430rwhp..... I say, 500hp (at the crank) is all the motor can handle

about 70% of it is in THE TUNE!