I've narrowed my exhaust choices down to two. Opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

The MAC Prochamber is "off road" due to the fact it has no cats, the "box" houses its "H" pipe.

There is a MAC Short Pro Chamber, part number PC2105, that looks to only replace the H pipe section that is about the same size as the Ford X pipe. They sell it on Nino for $299. It would seem that this part simply replaces the stock H pipe and leaves the cats in place. This is what I was referring to and it would seem that it would not be an offroad piece and only replace the H crossover. Anybody install this short MAC Pro Chamber? Oh, and the Flows run about $285 on Summit too.

There is a MAC Short Pro Chamber, part number PC2105, that looks to only replace the H pipe section that is about the same size as the Ford X pipe. They sell it on Nino for $299. It would seem that this part simply replaces the stock H pipe and leaves the cats in place. This is what I was referring to and it would seem that it would not be an offroad piece and only replace the H crossover. Anybody install this short MAC Pro Chamber? Oh, and the Flows run about $285 on Summit too.

Just be aware if want the short prochamber ? you'll be required to cut out your stock H-pipe section...As for the flows ? they run cheaper at $279 on www.tillmanspeed.com that also includes shipping

Just be aware if want the short prochamber ? you'll be required to cut out your stock H-pipe section...As for the flows ? they run cheaper at $279 on www.tillmanspeed.com that also includes shipping

According to the Ford X pipe instructions, you have to cut a small section of each pipe in front of the X pipe to mount the X pipe. I would assume that it would be similar with the MAC. But, the Ford X pipe is a bolt in using the same clamps. Is the MAC a weld in or a bolt in? Anybody do just the short prochamber?

According to the Ford X pipe instructions, you have to cut a small section of each pipe in front of the X pipe to mount the X pipe. I would assume that it would be similar with the MAC. But, the Ford X pipe is a bolt in using the same clamps. Is the MAC a weld in or a bolt in? Anybody do just the short prochamber?

Your assumption is correct and the MAC is very similar with the Ford X pipe instructions and the MAC is also a complete bolt on as well..

So would it be fair to summarize the two choices as being the difference between better sound and slightly better performance. If what I've read in other threads is right, the X pipe and Ford mufflers give better straight through exhaust flow. The H pipe and Flowmasters give much deeper better sound. Is this an accurate description or am I off base? For top end, which setup would be better? If it sounds like I am still indecisive on which one I am going to choose, that is right. I am tempted to mimic the Shelby GT setup with all Ford parts. But, I do like the Flow sound. I'm not normally one to stall a decision, but I do like to here as many opinions as possible.

So would it be fair to summarize the two choices as being the difference between better sound and slightly better performance. If what I've read in other threads is right, the X pipe and Ford mufflers give better straight through exhaust flow. The H pipe and Flowmasters give much deeper better sound. Is this an accurate description or am I off base? For top end, which setup would be better? If it sounds like I am still indecisive on which one I am going to choose, that is right. I am tempted to mimic the Shelby GT setup with all Ford parts. But, I do like the Flow sound. I'm not normally one to stall a decision, but I do like to here as many opinions as possible.

Personally speaking, I agree with your summarization about your second choice concerning the H-pipe and Flowmaster set up..However I don't agree with the claim about the X-pipe and Ford Mufflers providing better straight through exhaust flow and here's why ? first off, the Ford set up found on the Shelby GT, retains the factory cats and although the stock cats are much improved and far less air restrictive from the previous 99-04 years ? never the less, Cats are still considered as a restriction compared to a straight pipe because of Federal EPA regulations and for my second reason ? the GTA mufflers are also a chambered designed axle back and not a straight through flow design that you would find for ie like Magnaflows, Borla and Corsa's Therefore, if your looking for the best straight through flow set up ? it would be the combo of an off road X-pipe with either Magnaflow, Borla or Corsa's and not with a chambered muffler like the FRPP GTA's or Flowmasters..On the other hand if your looking to achieve the best sound and performance ? you can use any of the non-chambered mufflers or for just sound ? you can use any of them I listed along with either an off road H-pipe or with the Mac prochamber and if you still decide to keep your factory cats ? you can also use the short prochamber with any of the mufflers I've listed as well...But in the end ? only you can decide if sound is most important or if performance is...As I've previously stated, there's very little to be gained in performance over stock unless you either get rid of the factory cats or go with long tube headers and high-flow cats...Other than what I've stated ? there's really no other way of getting around it..

That's good to know. I would prefer of course to put a combination on that will give me some better flow in the area of top end. However, I am committed to keeping the cats on so I guess it really doesn't matter which setup I go with, they will all be pretty close in performance, just with a different sound.