Build Thread Jamee's Build Up Thread

• Sponsors (?)

hehe thanks, but they're red! I wanted them to stick out compared to the neutral engine colors etc

Let me know what wires they are i have a set of reds i just took off to put another set on. 2 have been cut hopeful they are not the same 2.

Just to give you warning they are long as all hell. you should really cut them to fit.
IMG_0141.jpg

you can see how long they were in this old video of my car.
Mustang :: HPIM1197.flv video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket

Taillights prep'd ready to tint
SDC11451.JPG

I didn't like the way this tint sprayed very much. Was very blotchy so I had to do a thick coat in order to get an even spray. Will have to wetsand to get proper level of tint on the lenses and have it be even. I'll then tape them off and prep the plastic for black paint then clear all of it at once
SDC11452.JPG

DAMN YOU ARE GOOD WITH THE RATTLE CAN!

ty :p
The tint ended up being too dark so I resprayed it in like 5 different mini-coats and kept checking to see how well light went through. Don't feel like having another thing to draw cops' attention so I made them just dark enough that they look dark but the reflectors still function. I'll have to contemplate on making them darker...

SDC11470.JPG

You gotta get those tails and headlights mocked up and take a picture for us! As far as the intake goes, you should just run a fox style since you're doing a fox wiring harness and computer, the brackets are WAY cheaper too. Looking good though!

Nice work.The car should look pretty sinister when you're finished.I'd like to do a set of tail lights like that for my car,but the lights on mine are getting really hard to find in nice shape,and they don't make anything from the aftermarket,so,they stay stock.

94/95 tails are getting harder to find as well in good shape. The aftermarket needs to step up and make them for sure. If they made them super clear like the 96-98 tails, maybe some of the later models would wear them too! lol

I'm not actually a big fan of the 94-95 taillights... but I'm rolling with them since I have them. :shrug: lol
Pictures don't do them justice of how dark it actually looks, cuz the light from the outside is refracting off the inside of the reflector... It's sitting in my room and the lenses are just as dark as the black. But here's a pic with flash, reflector still functioning well
SDC11472.JPG

You gotta get those tails and headlights mocked up and take a picture for us! As far as the intake goes, you should just run a fox style since you're doing a fox wiring harness and computer, the brackets are WAY cheaper too. Looking good though!

I will, but I don't even have the headlights yet and I'm waiting on my other tails I ordered, my driver's side taillight is cracked so I'm replacing it. I'm not 100% sure or not if I have interest in tinting the projector headlights. Really thinking about it though :nice:

Also, I don't remember if I mentioned it but I ordered some remanufactured and flow-matched fuel injectors for $39 shipped :nice::nice: Going to mask off the lenses then paint the bezel. Still need to start reassembling the engine.. plastigauged all of the main bearings and they're within comfortable specifications so I'm not too worried about it now.