January 2009 SOTM WINNER!!!!

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Yes boys and girls, it the car we all fear to run against in these polls! :rlaugh:

Testament to a fine car and a genuine nice guy, Kevin. :cheers:

Congrats!!1!!

I was not expecting that. (Really)

Thanks to all who voted for me. There are so many nice Stangs on this site, I was just glad to even be considered.

I purchased this car used in 2005 after owning 5 Fox 's previously over the past 20 years.

Here is a quick rundown of modifications that I have done to the car since I bought it.

Engine/Fuel:
Stock Cobra Engine
2.3 Liter Whipple Supercharger @ 17 psi.
Reichard Racing 3.0 Non-Slip Upper Pulley
Stock Lower Crank Pulley
Billetflow 4 piece "Hard Anodized" idler pulleys
60 lb Sieman Deka Injectors
Stock Cobra Fuel Pumps (Soon to be replaced with twin GT-40 Pumps)
40 Amp Boost-A-Pump with wiring upgrade kit
Stock Ported Throttle Body (By Me)
MAFIa set @ 2
Metco Carbon Fiber CAI with S&B 10" Filter
Magnaflow Stainless Catted-X Pipe
Borla 14858 Stainless Cat-Back (Polished by me)
LFP Heat Exchanger
LFP HE Coolant Tank (Powder Coated "Wrinkle Black")
170 Degree Thermostat
Redline Tuning "Elite" Hood Lifts
"Home Made" Oil Sperator with Fore Bracket

Suspension:
Stock Cut Front Springs Front (1 Coil)
H&R Race Springs Rear
Bilstein Shock and Struts (Stock)
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates
Steeda Front Diff Bushings
Billetflow IRS Braces
Billetflow Diff Brace
Maximum Motorsports FL Subframe Connectors
Stock T-56 6 Speed
Stock Clutch
Stock 3.55 Gears
Stock 31 Spline Half Shafts

Appearance:
True Forged Chicane RS 2 Peice Forged Wheels
18 X 9 Front w/ 265-35-18 Goodyear GS-D3's
18 X 10 Rear w/ 295-35-18 Goodyear GS-D3's
2000 Cobra R Antenna Delete
Cobra Front Grill Emblem
LDC Chicago Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger Screen (Powdercoated Black)
Black Rear Bumper Inserts
MGW License Plate Frame
Custom Underhood Cobra Plaque

Interior:
Stock Cobra Seats w/ Dark Charcoal Inserts
Cobra Floor Mats
MGW Shifter w/ New Stock Knob
Speed Of Sound Dual Gauge Pod
SpeedHut Boost/Vacuum Gauge and WideBand Gauge

Dyno Numbers with current tune 600 RWHP 540 RWTQ

All the work was performed by Myself including the tuning.

Pics:
263009.jpg

242819.jpg

214333.jpg

242820.jpg

241662.jpg

268939.jpg

268218.jpg

268544.jpg

214272.jpg

213233.jpg

Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

Your car is badass! VERY nice!

04sleeper....with your Whipple, I see you have the big idler. Are your other idlers stock or did you buy that kit from Lethal?

My 04 has the 2.3L Whipple 3.00" and all the other pullies are stock. I want to get just that one idler next to the blower to put more belt wrap on the blower. I see you have the Billet Flow it looks like in your pic above. I want to leave all the other pullies stock. I have a 4080740 belt right now. Can I keep that belt if I buy there 92mm or 100mm pulley? IF so, what size pulley do you recommed?

Looking at this one.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...04-cobra-snub-idler-bracket-and-pulley-p-8325

Awsome car!!! Best looking and cleanest 03 I've ever seen.
:rlaugh: His screen name wasnt random :D

04sleeper....with your Whipple, I see you have the big idler. Are your other idlers stock or did you buy that kit from Lethal?

My 04 has the 2.3L Whipple 3.00" and all the other pullies are stock. I want to get just that one idler next to the blower to put more belt wrap on the blower. I see you have the Billet Flow it looks like in your pic above. I want to leave all the other pullies stock. I have a 4080740 belt right now. Can I keep that belt if I buy there 92mm or 100mm pulley? IF so, what size pulley do you recommed?

Looking at this one.
BilletFlow 03-04 Cobra Snub Idler Bracket and Pulley [BF-SNUBIDLERPULLEY] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Yeah, the billit flow is the one to get :nice: I wouldnt be suprised if you have major belt slip at high RPM. I know the Whipple has less drag then the heaton but with that boost you really need the belt wrapped better. I have the Steeda 92 mm one. I believe the berings are going out on it so I am gonna get a 100mm pully to swap it and just put it on the Steeda bracket. If I had to do it over though I would get the Billet one instead :nice:

Looking at this one.
BilletFlow 03-04 Cobra Snub Idler Bracket and Pulley [BF-SNUBIDLERPULLEY] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs
I have the 4 idler kit. BilletFlow 03-04 Cobra Snub Idler Bracket w/4 Idler Pulleys [BF-IDLER4PULLEYCOMBO] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

I replaced all of my idlers because I have seen the stock ones break and come apart! They usually take out the radiator, power steering Reservoir, and fan all in one shot when they do let go.

I would buy the whole kit instead of just the 1. It is cheaper if you buy it now than later, especially if one of your stockers fail. (I have seen it personally on a friends car and it wasn't pretty. :nonono:)

I run the 100 up top.

The belt I am running with the 4 piece set up is a K080760. It works perfect! :nice:

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone! :cheers:

I have the 4 idler kit. BilletFlow 03-04 Cobra Snub Idler Bracket w/4 Idler Pulleys [BF-IDLER4PULLEYCOMBO] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

I replaced all of my idlers because I have seen the stock ones break and come apart! They usually take out the radiator, power steering Reservoir, and fan all in one shot when they do let go.

I would buy the whole kit instead of just the 1. It is cheaper if you buy it now than later, especially if one of your stockers fail. (I have seen it personally on a friends car and it wasn't pretty. :nonono:)

I run the 100 up top.

The belt I am running with the 4 piece set up is a K080760. It works perfect! :nice:

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone! :cheers:

I looked at that kit too. It's so funny because when I bought this car, everyone asked me what I'm gonna do to it and I'm like "Everything is done. Tint, blower, tune all supporting mods...etc." hahahaha...Now I'm looking at all these insurance parts. You have the 100mm up top, so you had to buy that one seperately?

To get a longer belt does Murrays/Autozone carry these 8 rib belts or did you get them from Lethal? Thanks for the info...looks like that kit might now be a bad idea to install with a 76" belt then. Pretty straight forward and easy to install it looks like.

BTW...Did the insructions give you torque specs on what to torque those to?

I looked at that kit too. It's so funny because when I bought this car, everyone asked me what I'm gonna do to it and I'm like "Everything is done. Tint, blower, tune all supporting mods...etc." hahahaha...Now I'm looking at all these insurance parts. You have the 100mm up top, so you had to buy that one seperately?

To get a longer belt does Murrays/Autozone carry these 8 rib belts or did you get them from Lethal? Thanks for the info...looks like that kit might now be a bad idea to install with a 76" belt then. Pretty straight forward and easy to install it looks like.

BTW...Did the insructions give you torque specs on what to torque those to?
I ended up buying my pulleys from HPP here in Dallas. I just traded out the 90 for another 100. The 100 up top gives better belt wrap for the blower pulley.

For the belt, most auto parts stores carry them, but the best deal hands down is Rockauto.com. Just click on "Part Number Search" and type K080760. It's 34.99 for it.

They use numerous parts stores that just send out the part from whatever location is closest with that part to you. It only takes 2-3 days for it to show up regular mail and I have ordered from them several times before.

The istall is as easy as unbolting the old ones and bolting the new ones on. I just used "Blue Loktite" and just snugged them up. :nice:

Hey Kevin, I have the Steeda 92 mm idler now. I was gonna keep the bracket but upgrade the pully to 100mm. Do you know if I can still use the same belt? IDK what part number I have on there though :shrug:

Hey Kevin, I have the Steeda 92 mm idler now. I was gonna keep the bracket but upgrade the pully to 100mm. Do you know if I can still use the same belt? IDK what part number I have on there though :shrug:
You should be just fine with the belt you have there now. If anything you might have to "Notch" the tensioner. (Pop off the limiter tab with a long screwdriver and hammer)

It's also a lot easier to put the blet on the blower pulley first then put the idler pulley on last.

Thanks for the hepl sleeper!! I can't wait til spring. I start school again tomorrow...just Monday Tuesday night classes. That will help the week go by fast with work and bowling. Spring will be here before I know it. The classes are 10 weeks and I figure when they are done it's time to bring the car out.