JL audio

cardude99

Jul 29, 2006
phoenix az
hi im looking at upgrading my system so i wanted to know if anyone has any sugestions, cause im looking into getting

2: 10W3v2 subs
8: evolution xr series speakers (not sure about the exact type of xr's)
all jl of course

so i wanted to know what type of amp i need for that, deck (even touch screens)
also i would like input on jl how good it is, whats better, and what you would reccomend.

• Sponsors (?)

JL makes VERY good audio equipment, but you can do better for less money. They have brand recognition going for them. That said, if you don't mind spending the cash, you will be happy with any product that JL puts its moniker on.

JL makes great subs. I replaced my RF HX2 with a W6v2 and the difference was amazing. I've been running RF amps for ever, but that is just me. Other good amps would be Alpine V12, Phoenix gold.

A lot depends on your budget, if you want SPL (volume) or Sound Quality.

Just remeber if you buy expensive amps / speakers, DONT skimp on the wires!

~K

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Ive heard great things about JL Audio although it is not my preference. I have 5x7 alpine type R, 6x9 Rockford Punch and a 10" Kicker Solo Baric L5 and it sounds awesome. Crystal clear highs and mids and clean cut deep bass that sounds awesome without shaking every house and car a block around ya

The subs are fine.For the front speakers I would use XR570CSI component set. the rear i would use TR570CXI. The rear is just for rear fill and doesn't need to be kick ass. A perfect amp would be the 500/5. It does 250 for the sub, 100x2 for the front speakers, and 25x2 for the rear. Check around your area and find a JL Audio dealer, and get a chance to hear that amp. It's perfect for what your doing. It'll also simplify your install being that it is only one amp for the whole system. BTW JL Audio has fixed the issues with the amps. I've been selling the stuff for 6 years, and I have no complaints. Head unit is ultimately up to your personal taste. I have Alpine, but you may not like it. Everyone has different taste. Hope this helps.

www.stereowestautotoys.com

deezbluballz said:
The subs are fine.For the front speakers I would use XR570CSI component set. the rear i would use TR570CXI. The rear is just for rear fill and doesn't need to be kick ass. A perfect amp would be the 500/5. It does 250 for the sub, 100x2 for the front speakers, and 25x2 for the rear. Check around your area and find a JL Audio dealer, and get a chance to hear that amp. It's perfect for what your doing. It'll also simplify your install being that it is only one amp for the whole system. BTW JL Audio has fixed the issues with the amps. I've been selling the stuff for 6 years, and I have no complaints. Head unit is ultimately up to your personal taste. I have Alpine, but you may not like it. Everyone has different taste. Hope this helps.

www.stereowestautotoys.com

yes it did thankyou