JME GAUGES N BEZELS

• Sponsors (?)

65mistress said:
Ok, simpleton question here. How do you keep the gauges in place when you cut into the 66 5 gauge cluster? This sounds like a heck of a lot easier to do than fork out money for a deposit than bang your head on a wall while waiting for the bezel to come in. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

nw-6566gs.jpg

Attachments

• nw-6566gs.jpg
    nw-6566gs.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 90
MustangPaul said:
I hit send too soon.

Another question on senders. Can you reuse any of the Ford senders with the aftermarket gauges--fuel, especially. Voltage, oil and coolant I could handle. . . .

--P

That depends on if you choose mechanical or electric gauges. If you choose the correct ohm range gauge for fuel, it's not a problem. For the oil gauge, I suggest electrical since this will have to be changed anyway.

I've liked the JME setup since I first saw it, but avoided ordering one due to having heard about nothing but delays in receiving the product. I might just build my own, like so many of you have done.

A little Sherlock Holmes

Mdjay I was wondering if you could do a little Sherlock Holmes invesigating w/ Julio for me about my 68 gauge cluster. I ordered mine in june 03 and every time I call(when I get a call back) Im told its on the top of the list and is due in the next batch, gauges are on b/o. But this statement is been going on since june 04. Im only about 1hr 1/2 away from his shop so I could drive down the core anytime he's ready.

David Arredondo
Watson aka Vikingz
Corona ca

Hello David

We don't even sell the 67-68 because he can't deliver the goods. He states a 9 mos. lead time on the cluster and that would be a customer service nightmare for us. I suggest following the others suggestions above and going for the process yourself. The gauges and bezel would be about half of what you're looking at.

I did finally get my JME gauges for my '68. I was not overly impressed with the workmanship. Looks like JME did some major cutting to get the tach to fit then put it back together with what looks like liquid steel. This caused the right side to bow out a bit resulting in some fitment problems. I had them in and out about 10 times before I could get it to look right. I ended up moving 2 of the mounting holes in my dash. I also had a problem with the fuel gauge not working, but after cleaning the connections all is fine.

Overall, I would say that they do look good and it is nice to have accurate readings. I thought that I had an overheating problem, but the new temp gauge shows 180 solid as a rock. The big tach is nice too. Easy to see and goes all the way to 10k.