JME GAUGES N BEZELS

INDSKYS

May 24, 2003
CALIFORNIA
HI EVERYONE . FINALLY GOT MY CAR OFF TO PAINT . I BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR 6 MONTHS . EVERYONE ONLY DOES COLLISION --WHAT A PAIN . ANYWAY I HAVE ORDERED JME GAUGES AND PAID MY DEPOSIT OVER A YEAR AGO AND I TRY CALLING AND GET NO RESPONSE . FROM THESE PEOPLE WASSSUPPPPPPPPPPPP?ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED T.I.A INDY

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in the same boat. I paid my deposit over a year ago. I did hear from Julio a few times in May, then nothing since. I've called and sent e-mails with no response. I've about had it and am ready to get my deposit back. I've seen a few posts where fellow members have made their own gauges and they look great. I'm going to look into that. Maybe a little competition is what is needed. JME is going to get the reputation they deserve and put themselves right out of business.

that's interesting to know, i was trying to decide for a while whether or not to get dakota digital or the JME gauges. I ended up deciding on the digital and i think that might have saved me a fair few troubles by the sound of it.

Everyone orders the bezels without sending in their harness. If you would send in the harness, you would have a cluster. That's the bottom line. We don't even take orders for the 67-68 for this reason...

Actually, I offered to send in my cluster with the harness if JME could guarantee delivery of my new cluster in some reasonable timeframe (1 or 2 months). They declined that offer. Apparently, they are not in the business of offering any type of customer service.

I’m following the advice of others here on the forum and making my own cluster.

HERES WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I MADE THE ORDER . WHEN WE SEND U YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL U SEND US YOUR,S BACK AS A CORE FAIR ENOUGH BUT WHERE IS MY #$@^#$@#@%^& INSTRUMENT PANEL. SHALL I SEND THEM IT NOW AND DRIVE MY CAR WITH A HOLE IN THE DASH FOR 2 YEARS UNTIL THEY DECIDE TO GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND WORK?

Amen!
I tried to order a JME for my 67..But with all of these problems and lack of support from the manufacturer I decided to go with a Haneline kit. The gauges arent Autometers but they arent too bad!

How close does Autometer gauges come to fitting the stock bezel? It couldnt be that hard to make them work!

MP Products is suppose to be casting a 67-68 bezel like the 65-66 they offer. JME is suppose to be doing a one piece billet version of the 67-68 to eliminate the supply/demand problem.

While JME is not a huge operation over there (2 or 3 guys), there is no excuse for not returning phone calls to customers...

I'll be seeing those guys tomorrow. We'll be at JMC Motorsports for a TKO3 install article with Mustang Monthly. I'll go give Julio at JME a nudge and let him know about this post.

The Haneline panels are available without gauges and the Auto Meters work on them as well.

The haneline are certainly cheaper. If they are a quality item might as well go that way. I think they are sharp.

As per the dakota digital Or any digital, I don't know from personal experience, but had a friend who didn't like his at all. Said in certain light it was nearly impossible to read. Just one frineds opinion.

Do it your self and get your money back. I put a set of autometer gauges in my 67. I used the 2 5/8 for fuel oil and water. And put the 5 in for tach and speedometer. I used hole saws to cut out the holes, really wasnt that hard.

Talked to Julio today. It turns out his dad is not doing so well and he hasn't been in the office much attending to this family issue.

On a lighter note, he is saying there are going to be three different options for the 67-68 crowd to eliminate the supply problem within the next month or so. This includes an all billet version like the 65-66.

Also they are bringing back the wood finish options for the 65-66 very soon. Also an economy 65-66 version is in the works as well.

Hope this helps...

eric n - "As per the dakota digital Or any digital, I don't know from personal experience, but had a friend who didn't like his at all. Said in certain light it was nearly impossible to read. Just one frineds opinion."

Yeah that can be true, i ordered the teal coloured gauges but there fine to read in sunlight. They are meant to be the easiest colour to read though. I have heard other colours and custom colours aren't so easy to read though.

Same boat, may be coming to shore soon

I too ordered a 68 cluster over a year ago and last time I talked to Julio he gave me a due/batch date in oct. Seems like the bezal options won't change any of the b/o issues there having. I also offered sending my core for a hamburger today but no deal.

Ok, simpleton question here. How do you keep the gauges in place when you cut into the 66 5 gauge cluster? This sounds like a heck of a lot easier to do than fork out money for a deposit than bang your head on a wall while waiting for the bezel to come in. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.