Just a fun thread!!!!!

rudeone707 said:
the fastest i have been in my GT is 110mph when i first got my car.

the fastest in any car is 165mph in an 2002 M5. it was nice too, it just floated.
ya fastest i have ever been was in a 203 M5 wiht DInan exhaust, chip, suspension, intake, and MAF. We were racing a turbo'd E36 M3 and were easily at 170 mph in about half a minute (actually faster than that). Lets just say it was like a hot knife through butter, i mean this hting just glided over the road.

• Sponsors (?)

DirtyD916 said:
ya fastest i have ever been was in a 203 M5 wiht DInan exhaust, chip, suspension, intake, and MAF. We were racing a turbo'd E36 M3 and were easily at 170 mph in about half a minute (actually faster than that). Lets just say it was like a hot knife through butter, i mean this hting just glided over the road.

The German cars (especially Porcshe and BMW) are notorious for their inaccurate speedometers. You were probably only going 155-160. A personal example is when I hit the governor at 145 in a '98 A8 that had a governor for 135. Not even close to M5 power, but I know what you mean by gliding over the road :nice:
In direct contrast I thought I was going to crash and die @ 125 in the stang (has the stock struts and shocks). Wasn't topped out, but saw a cop w/someone pulled over far ahead.
Trans Am= 140 with plenty left, and all @ 3am. Always (and only) on a track now.

SuperDust22 said:
My girlfriends dad own a a test shop and they just got in a saleen S7. They are taking it to the track today, tomorrow and Friday. They usually get to drive the cars around. I am trying to persuade them to let me drive it at the track. I know it's not a mustang but ford still builds it. If they let me drive it I will let you know how fast I go. And you know if they let me drive it I will top that bitch out.

That would be cool but don't crash... :owned: That's a quick 400 large up in smoke! :D

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
chances are you were not doing 170 racing an M3....i believe all of the BMW's are speed governed to 155.....
I thought he had a chip. wouldn't the chip get rid of the gov?
If so, i'm sure it can do it. My cousin has an m3 (not the 330 horse) and it pulls easy to 140. then again, i said i had a gear to go at 140 and he was just like, "Oh." and then there was silence.
Lee

SuperDust22 said:
Yeah I know. I won't get to drive it on the street. They are taking it to the track. I didn't get to go yesterday because I got in a fight with my girlfriend.

Man what were you thinking :bang: You may get chance to drive an S7 but you get in a fight with your girlfriend whose father is going to give you that ride :doh: :stupid: :crazy: Dude its time for some serious butt kissing. :owned:

145 top up stock 2.73's....took a long ass time and then i passed a car that was 2 lanes over and he droped back soooo fast it was scary so i slowed down....140 with the top down 140 is windy as hell btw and 3.73's done this many times....last weekend 135 racing a 96-98 cobra after 90ish i lost but up till then it was me. and today i was doing 85-100 on my way to school on a twisty road.

And i have taken a porche to 135 cruzing with a cobra...then slowed down my exit was about a 1mile up and i look in my pass side rear view mirro and guess who was there....Mr. officer...but to my luck i just got a realy dirty dirty look and he went after the cobra becuase he was still doning 90-100 and i was doing 60-65 at that point.

133 sustained in my lightly modded stang, 159 in a Buick Grand National GNX... if you haven't driven a Grand National, I recommend it. You just start accelerating from 0 to when it tops out, they are unreal machines. I know I'm betraying the forum here, but if I could trade my 95 GTS in for an 87 Grand National in the same condition (mint) I'd do it in a second. They're faster, same gas mileage, look bad ass, and can comfortable sit 5 people. Damn.

I had my 89 LX going 140 on the nose for about 5 miles at 3:00am. That was with the 15 inch 225. The car felt pretty stable although I was drunk at the time(Don't condon that sort of thing :rlaugh: ). Iv'e had my 95 up about 130. I was a little older then and straight :flag:
Mark

speedo quits at 120 in my torino. but the guy had it pegged. it was the night i bought if off of this guy. i was test driving it and wouldnt get on it b/c ya know, its not my car, he got pissed. we switched seats and took off.

i could have killed him since i was not the one driving. but at 120 it was still pulling HARD till he shut it down for a car coming up. ten minutes later i handed over the cash :)