Just as I get enough $ for the blower...

Why is everyone so quick to say big oil companies are price gouging? The president of one of the big oil companies will be getting a 390+ million dollar retirement package and people are complaining about gas prices??!!! This guy makes around 40 million a year anyways, obviously he will need that to survive. WTF?!

Our country is full of coruption, and nobody especially Bush cares about us.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you really expect him to?

I am a Soldier and I fight in Iraq. I will tell you why. It's not for money, oil, to kill people; whatever. It's to keep Mohammed Jihad from deciding that my home country is weak, and to start playing their Shia'a versus Sunni games here; THAT is why I put my uniform on every damn day and THAT is why I am proud to support my president. Because he stood up, and said enough of this Saddam Hussein balogne. That man needed to go. He was a scab on a whore's butt on the world to be sure. I was in Saudi. I saw the things he did. Mustard gassing an entire village just because "Iranian militants MIGHT HAVE BEEN present" and leaving hundreds dead and birth defects further to come (civilians, btw) certainly, to me, is a declaration of open war for anyone. We're at a very, very precarious stage in the world right now. I am not a political science major nor do I have a 1520 SAT score.

There is a world power play going on right now, like it or not. Everyone is vying for position number one. And if we don't step up to the plate and demonstrate that we're going to kick some ass and not back down from terrorist threats, someone will decide to use some 747 Boeing jets as projectiles. Oil experts in Europe cite unrest in Iraq and impending nuclear crisis in Iran for the prices. Probably is pretty true. I know we all love a scapegoat as human beings and our president is always a good one because he talks funny, but puh-lease, put the blame squarely where it belongs - The world as a whole. It's not ONE nation's fault.

I am done, think I've said too much as it is.

On a lighter note, I do think it's funny how we say we're alright with dropping $3.00/gal on gasoline but not $4.00, but a year and a half ago we were saying, "I don't mind spending $2.50 on gasoline as long as it doesn't break $3.00." At least I was.

Sure, people are getting rich. Such is capitalism, such is life. If you want to get rich too, go ahead. Usually the people complaining about oil tycoons are people who will never have an opportunity to have that kind of money, and simply stated, are jealous.

speedfreak98r said:
I will be joining the Army shortly. I'm just tired of people disrespecting the service men/women by saying that this is a war for oil. I don't know what else to say. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

It is a war for oil ... as well as liberation of another country, defeating an enemy, and tons of other reasons.

JOHNS01GT said:

Possibly but the government in this country has been corrupt for alot longer than since Bush came into office.

I certainly dont think Bush has been even a good president but people are blaming things on him way too much imo. But that goes with the territory of being president.

Whatever the reason we went to Iraq it was not so Bush could make his buddies richer. If you truly believe that then you are in denial. Has everything been handled properly? Hell no it hasnt. But did you really expect we would ever leave Iraq? We havent left Japan, we havent left Bosnia, we havent left Kuwait, we have a milirary base in Cuba, etc.

02GTdroptop said:

I am a Soldier and I fight in Iraq. I will tell you why. It's not for money, oil, to kill people; whatever. It's to keep Mohammed Jihad from deciding that my home country is weak, and to start playing their Shia'a versus Sunni games here; THAT is why I put my uniform on every damn day and THAT is why I am proud to support my president. Because he stood up, and said enough of this Saddam Hussein balogne. That man needed to go. He was a scab on a whore's butt on the world to be sure. I was in Saudi. I saw the things he did. Mustard gassing an entire village just because "Iranian militants MIGHT HAVE BEEN present" and leaving hundreds dead and birth defects further to come (civilians, btw) certainly, to me, is a declaration of open war for anyone. We're at a very, very precarious stage in the world right now. I am not a political science major nor do I have a 1520 SAT score.

There is a world power play going on right now, like it or not. Everyone is vying for position number one. And if we don't step up to the plate and demonstrate that we're going to kick some ass and not back down from terrorist threats, someone will decide to use some 747 Boeing jets as projectiles. Oil experts in Europe cite unrest in Iraq and impending nuclear crisis in Iran for the prices. Probably is pretty true. I know we all love a scapegoat as human beings and our president is always a good one because he talks funny, but puh-lease, put the blame squarely where it belongs - The world as a whole. It's not ONE nation's fault.

On a lighter note, I do think it's funny how we say we're alright with dropping $3.00/gal on gasoline but not $4.00, but a year and a half ago we were saying, "I don't mind spending $2.50 on gasoline as long as it doesn't break $3.00." At least I was.

Sure, people are getting rich. Such is capitalism, such is life. If you want to get rich too, go ahead. Usually the people complaining about oil tycoons are people who will never have an opportunity to have that kind of money, and simply stated, are jealous.
:flag: :flag: :flag:
I'd vote for Bush AGAIN in the next election if that was possible!!!!:D

speedfreak98r said:
This is becoming a political post. I'm a political science major. However, I get sick of arguing with you liberals. You, my friends, are responsible for the ultimate demise of this country. I feel sorry for you. Once you wake up (if you ever do), you will understand.

I agree. Due to the checks and balances that should still be in place with our Democracy, the President should have equal power to Congress which should have equal power to the Judicial system. All three are at work here, not just one dude.

ahh libs that complain about gas prices crack me up...

two years ago or so Bush tried to start digging for oil in Alaska and it got halted by the same libs citing environmental protection rights in Alaska. He presented a plan that protected the environment and also would allow America to dig in what is a known HUGE oil field with tons of oil for us all. Way to go libs... eat your stupid gas prices. Your fault we are here... so live with the consequences of a park you will NEVER see :)

man I am in a bad mood... HAHAHAHAHA!!!

---EDIT---

And I will gladly pay higher gas prices so some Jihad weirdo presenting his religion in the same manner a KKK member presents Christianity to the world doesn't decide to set a nuke off the size of a briefcase in a metropolitan area killing thousands of americans. My eyes still get watery seeing footage of 9-11 and planes barrelling into the Trade Center!!!

02GTdroptop said:

You are a true Hero, Thank you for protecting my son's :flag: