Just bought a Sniper interface..

Stang_Thang

Apr 10, 2007
Jackson, Tn
well I have been looking around for programmers and a guy named Willie Lynch from Sniper suggested I try the Sniper interface....well the price was the same as the SCT XCal2 but they had a package called the Special Forces tuning software that would tune two cars for the price of one. So I thought hell yeah, y not, My g/f and I both have GTs, so I bought one. The interface is unreal and fairly easy to use, I recommend it to anyone who wants more power for their car and save money doing it. The best thing about the whole situation is that that guy Willie Lynch from Sniper, I mentioned earlier, really knows what he's doing, no questions asked. He is one hell of a sellsmen and the tuner is the best mod i have bought so far...good work Willie and guys at Sniper:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well I paid $389 for the whole package, it:

Tunes 2 cars for the price of 1
You can adjust shift firmness, WOT rev limiter, bump your speed limiter up, adjust the two fan temps when to come on, calibrate for bigger MAF, CAI, tire size, injector size, offroad H/X pipe, different fuel pumps, EGR delete, cataltyic delete, 5 tunes can be saved on interface and adjusted at any time......this interface is as good as if not better than the other tuners or programmers out there.

and no, its not spam. i wanted to tell u about this tuner i found. isnt that what this forum is about?

its hard to say its not spam, when your first two posts are just about one product.

in all honesty, it sounds like your run of the mill handheld tuner. xcalII and predator do all the things you just listed.

im still waiting for a apparatus/program that can modify my timing and fuel tables at 500rpm increments, that can compensate for blowers or increased displacement by having the ability to adjust airflow or VE tables. a tuner that has the ability to log additional 0-5v inputs (like a wideband or gm 3bar map sensor). id also like it to include a logging system that is capible of up to 300 samples/second, and not a ****ing handheld, i prefer a obdII to usb interface and run it all off a laptop. basically i want DSMlink for my mustang, however seeing the masses response to tuning is "take it to a dyno" i highly doubt end user tuning that is more advanced than the current dummyproof handhelds just will not happen.

I am Willie , I dont work for Sniper but I am a dealer just to clear up any confusion , this guy did buy a Special forces package from me , he emailed me back saying he was very pleased with it , and I suggested he post on here so that more people can here the good side of Sniper instead of always people slamming Sniper just because they are the new guys , thomas91169 , I think a commando package will do everything you want to do and the Sniper Recon Datalogger that is due out any day now will be probably the best around even SCT guys are raving about how good this datalogger will be ......I am not here to spam just here to clear the confusion ......People post on here everyday with good and bad things to say about all kinds of products , just because this guy has 2 post doesnt mean its not a legit post .......

Ok just stop while you guys are a head. I join this site to learn about my car and not try and push my business on others. I personally deal directly with sniper and paying 389... i think you got ripped. I use snipers special forces and it worked great to do my tuning for my blower and all my other mods. But...like everyone else on here, we want advice or to give our 2 cents about our cars. Not try and snag a customer or so. :lol: So please, stop trying!:nono:

Ok just stop while you guys are a head. I join this site to learn about my car and not try and push my business on others. I personally deal directly with sniper and paying 389... i think you got ripped. I use snipers special forces and it worked great to do my tuning for my blower and all my other mods. But...like everyone else on here, we want advice or to give our 2 cents about our cars. Not try and snag a customer or so. :lol: So please, stop trying!:nono:

nice sig

check the IPs

I wanted to, but I don't have access to that.. There are also so many ways that's not reliable:

1) Proxies
2) Posting from home/posting from work
3) Using the Tor network
4) I have clients with load balanced internet connections to different ISP's. That would give you a different I.P. than say another poster from the same location.
5) 1:1 NAT configurations..

etc..

I haven't made up my mind one way or another (not that it matters anyways).. There is some good info about the product in this thread. I'm sure you can see how it's suspicious though.. :p

Riley

I wanted to, but I don't have access to that.. There are also so many ways that's not reliable:

1) Proxies
2) Posting from home/posting from work
3) Using the Tor network
4) I have clients with load balanced internet connections to different ISP's. That would give you a different I.P. than say another poster from the same location.
5) 1:1 NAT configurations..

etc..

I haven't made up my mind one way or another (not that it matters anyways).. There is some good info about the product in this thread. I'm sure you can see how it's suspicious though.. :p

Riley

I see how it is suspicious , BUT I have over 2000 post on here , I have helped more people on here than I can remember since I joined this site 4 years ago and I kind of find it insulting that just because I tell this guy to post some good feedback about Sniper's products you guys say its spam, even if he does only have 2 post , especially since everyone on here seems to think that if its not SCT or diablo its not able to tune your car ....this guy and his girlfriend both have mustangs , well the Special forces kit will do two cars for the price of one , so its a perfect opportunity for someone like this to save alot of money and not to mention he wont have to go back and pay someone if he wants to change something later on .......I have a 2002 GT with a vortech on it that I have completely retuned myself with Snipers software because I got tired of having to take the car 2 states away to get someone to tune it that I could trust ....I can tell you this I picked up probably 20hp and 30ft lbs of torque over the SCT tune that was WAY WAY over conservative , I had advice from Justin at VMP , and Joe at Trick Tuners whom both use SCT as well as input from Patrick at Sniper when I retuned my car and I still have some room to improve as the air/fuel as not been touched yet only the timing tables......my air fuel is safe as it sets right now but the previous tuner has the air fuel all over the place , its 11.1 when you first throttle in and then goes up to 11.7 and the finally stablizes around 11.3 , I am hoping to get this flattened out some and pick up a little more ...... I hope that people here will continue to keep an open mind about new products and not just slam something because its new ......

Wow. I just searched "sniper tuning" in here and find this mess. I kind of agree with 2002BLGT in that some of you guys are a bit harsh right off the bat with unknown users. If you care to question my intentions, just look at my join date. I was posting/learning about 5.0's when most of you snots were drooling over that hot young pre-teen (pre-drunkard), Lindsey Lohan (c'mon, you know who you are).

Anywho, I searched "sniper tuning" to see if anyone has heard of them. I like the 2 cars for the price as long as it's reasonable. My sister has an '04 GT vert that I could also use this on. So if there are any constructive opinions on them, please feel free to let me know how you like it.

BTW, what's the going price? Their website has no priceguide and I'm not one to call a company up without some clue about the pricing.

:flag:

I use sniper personally....I like it. The only problem that i have seen was they seem to have some issues with there interfaces being bad but they back there product 110%. They have good tech support.i think they advertise it for 500ish, i think( special forces). As far as being snots, c'mon man who wants a fire crotch?!? Why dog on people for age? Everybodys here to learn and give advice. :nono:

Thanks for the input Dirty_D. I'm gonna do the wait and see thing to find out what you folks with more disposable income determine about the product.

I wasn't firing off about newbies/younger enthusiasts in general, just the ones that think they have all the answers by their 13th post.:flag:

Long post sorry:D

Wow, I'm an end user of Special Forces and Commando and this is kind of a strange thread. I don't know how many posts I have on here but the number is low. There was not much real info above about results so let me give you some input.

I spend most of my time on Mach1, hot rod, and turbocharger related sites because my current project is a 35 Chevy Coupe former east coast Modified oval track car. It will be powered by a DOHC Ford with a C4 and have 8 individual TB's to simulate injection of that era but will be computer controlled.

The Sniper products are used on my two Mustangs. First I have a 2004 Mach1 with a herd of bolt-ons that I first tuned with a Predator (did not like the datalogging reliability), switched to the Xcal2 which had datalogging I liked but limited end user adjustability, now I use the Sniper Special Forces on both of my Mustangs.

I plan to datalog both using Recon when it's available but currently us a locked Xcal2 I bought cheap and make use of the Innovate WB/DL32 to get a full picture of how each is performing.

Obviously the Special Forces does everything the bolt-on guy would need but my other Mustang goes a bit further. It's a Twin Turbo 2002 GT that has a nearly stock motor at the moment. I have a built motor almost ready for install. It is all forged with 8.5 cr, cams intended for turbos, and will displace 5.2L. The car is ready for the motor with a TKO600, built IRS with a 3.27 gear, and Cobra tank with dual cobra pumps. The induction system includes a P&P Bullitt intake and uses 42# injectors at the moment.

If I was not upgrading the motor, the SF tune would be fine. Because we play with new parts continuously on the GT, I decided to upgrade to Commando. I have used several of the standalones in hot rods and Cobra replicas (Electromotive, Redline, and SDS) so I'm accustomed to their associated software. I have some experience with the PRP (which I like) by hanging out with some shop owners. Commando does everything the PRP does and I'm not the least bit disappointed. I'm early in the process and frankly have not used a Commando tweaked tune in the GT yet but I'm refining what I want in the initial tune with the built motor.

Results = Mach1 with the initial SF tune runs great with the AF flat at 12.1 thru the rpm range. It has the EGR removed, o/r exhaust, gear, TC turned off, and different size tires in addition to the ton of bolt-ons. I did 1 tune that took less than 1 hour from when I opened the Sniper box. I never had a code, it runs great, and didn't even need the first mod. The car has not been back on the dyno, I care more about how it does on the fly. It runs 12.88@109 previous best was 12.93@108.

Results = The TT GT runs much better than before on the chip from a dyno tune. Strange thing is it gave me a code the second run cycle after the tune. I reinstalled the chip and it went away but went back to running crappy. As it turned out we had an IAT issue that was somehow not showing up with the chip. The car had several issues with the chip that were gone with the SF tune. It had a rough idle, bucking on decel, erratic A/F, and never was smooth enough for cruise control. All of those issues disappeared and the A/F was nearly level at 11.8 - 12.3, I did one mod which included a global spark and fuel adjustment and all is well. It now produces 480rwhp 512rwtq on 6psi. Keep in mind the motor had the CR raised to 10.5 and the cams installed are not meant for any power adder, the built motor will get 9 psi from the beginning. :nice:

I know this is a long post but I've been seeing threads on numerous sites that have folks making comments on the various tuners but with no experience using them. I have used them and have included the results. I don't work for any shop, vendor, or manufacturer and have tons of posts on several other sites. I'm not here that often so if you have questions email would be best.

Geoff