Just got home from the Dyno!!

Dan_Soprano

Mod Dude
May 7, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Well boys, just got the snake back from it's first dyno. Mods are: Magnaflow Catback, K&N FIPK, and performance tune from the Predator!!! I can't be happier then I am now with only those mods.
(423.4 RWHP, 406.4 RWTQ SAE)
attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Gearbanger 101 said:
Just curious....why didn't you go with the pulley upgrade while you were at it? It's such a cheap investment.
I wanted to see where I was at before a pulley. The #'s were a bit higher then what I thought they'd be. I was planning on doing 2.93 pulley, but may just go with a 3.10 now.

Dan_Soprano said:
I wanted to see where I was at before a pulley. The #'s were a bit higher then what I thought they'd be. I was planning on doing 2.93 pulley, but may just go with a 3.10 now.
Yeah, but now you'll need pay for another dyno tune with it to ensure that your A/F ratio is within safe limits.

Good God man! That thing must be a handfull to drive :nice:

I cant believe how steep that torque is....thats like "oh, the gforces just made me poop my pants." fast. :crazy:

Dan_Soprano said:
Well boys, just got the snake back from it's first dyno. Mods are: Magnaflow Catback, K&N FIPK, and performance tune from the Predator!!! I can't be happier then I am now with only those mods.
(423.4 RWHP, 406.4 RWTQ SAE)
attachment.php

Just incredible numbers for your mods. Im glad you did it without the pulley change. i think this is the first 03+ cobra dyno I have seen without the requisite pulley swap. Its good info and thanks for posting. :nice:

yea i was wondering about your kb gt also....what #'s was it puttin down?

why did you make the trade and go for the cobra after all that money into the gt, you could prob. figure out why im askin

00s281sc368 said:
How much HP did you have on the KB'd GT? Assuming they have the same rwhp for now, the GT is lighter and boost comes quicker with the KB.
Any more feedback of the two ?
My GT put down a best of 395rwhp, 419rwtp. That was @ 10# of boost. Again it was that damn 01 head problem. :nonono: Anyways, I sat down one night and figured out what it would cost to truely bring the GT up to where I want it, and then how much it would cost for a new cobra, and the Cobra won out. I was so sick of being scared to death that I was going to grenade the block everytime I stepped on it. Now with the Cobra, I know I have a bullit proof bottom end, great flowing heads w/ blower cams, and a stout tranny.

Dan_Soprano said:
My GT put down a best of 395rwhp, 419rwtp. That was @ 10# of boost. Again it was that damn 01 head problem. :nonono: Anyways, I sat down one night and figured out what it would cost to truely bring the GT up to where I want it, and then how much it would cost for a new cobra, and the Cobra won out. I was so sick of being scared to death that I was going to grenade the block everytime I stepped on it. Now with the Cobra, I know I have a bullit proof bottom end, great flowing heads w/ blower cams, and a stout tranny.

01 head problem?????? :shrug: