Just got my cam, what do you guys think of the specs?

i wouldnt count on lift helping a whole lot of anything really. it may help performancce but i dont think you would feel it at all. if just stepping up in lift only i think you will be dissapointed.

• Sponsors (?)

no i didnt say anything about the B-cam being better. but if your trickflow stage 1 has beefier specs and just has less lift. a little more lift on that cam will not make it pull 1000rpm higher. i think it will act the same and you may not be able to tell the difference. lift isnt near as important as duration and LSA thats what has the bigger affect on how high/low your powerband will be.

what mods did the guy have? if its custom cam make sure he has the same mods you do before installing it. if he bought it for his car it could run great for his but if your engines are different it may not work so good for yours. he may have shifted that high but i doesnt mean it was making peak power. it could have peaked earlier and just not really felt it. ask him if he had it on a dyno and have him email the dyno sheet if he has any.

personally i wouldnt tear it all down to change to that cam, going to less duration and stuff and only gaining a bit of lift i dont think it will respond well

no i didnt say anything about the B-cam being better. but if your trickflow stage 1 has beefier specs and just has less lift. a little more lift on that cam will not make it pull 1000rpm higher. i think it will act the same and you may not be able to tell the difference. lift isnt near as important as duration and LSA thats what has the bigger affect on how high/low your powerband will be.

what mods did the guy have? if its custom cam make sure he has the same mods you do before installing it. if he bought it for his car it could run great for his but if your engines are different it may not work so good for yours. he may have shifted that high but i doesnt mean it was making peak power. it could have peaked earlier and just not really felt it. ask him if he had it on a dyno and have him email the dyno sheet if he has any.

personally i wouldnt tear it all down to change to that cam, going to less duration and stuff and only gaining a bit of lift i dont think it will respond well

lol I think your taking this as I know nothing about cams, this isnt my first cammed car. The cam was custom cut for MY SETUP, I did not buy a custom cam from a friend. The guy who cut my cam said to shift it at 6200, thats what Im going by. Im not tearing the motor down just to replace the cam. A lifter came apart and it tore up the TFS1 as well as seizing my oil pump.

edit - the motor and trans are already completely out of the car as well as the motor torn down to the shortblock

i just misunderstood the whole situation lol sorry. seeing how u got it custom cut for your car it should run good. but it is odd that it has less duration. i figured your combo would like more duration if anything

It is more in the lobe design, overlap and valve timing for the lope sound...

SOUNDS MEANS NOTHING..........

If you gave a reputable company all your info then you should be very happy with the cam, with that .050 number depending on your intake/top half I would not expect PEAK power over 6000-6200rpm, and if you have a stock computer you are limted to 6250 anyways.

Whats the combo?? Who did the cam?

i just misunderstood the whole situation lol sorry. seeing how u got it custom cut for your car it should run good. but it is odd that it has less duration. i figured your combo would like more duration if anything

yeah I posted about it on hardcore 5.0 and all the guys are saying the peak numbers is not what counts its lobe design, some guy had 3 different cams custom cut and thought they would be too small every time and was completely wrong. So I have faith in it.

It is more in the lobe design, overlap and valve timing for the lope sound...

SOUNDS MEANS NOTHING..........

If you gave a reputable company all your info then you should be very happy with the cam, with that .050 number depending on your intake/top half I would not expect PEAK power over 6000-6200rpm, and if you have a stock computer you are limted to 6250 anyways.

Whats the combo?? Who did the cam?

Yeah my intake is probably really limiting me, I might sway it out for an RPM2.

TFS track heat TW heads with upgraded springs, track heat intake
AFM powerpipe
30lb injectors, 75mm pro m maf, 75mm bbk TB
Stock ignition

I don't think your intake is restricting you...it isn't going to be the sole contributor to power loss, thats for sure...

The Track Heat can breathe on up to where your cam is going...from what I have seen with other combos...

The intake will not be an issues at all...

I mentioned it because a lot of guys run the smaller intakes and put a cam that should work into the 6500 range, and they are shocked when it only breathes to 5600-5800.

Looks like a decent combo to me....

That cam is similar to the one Jay Allen made for me, yours has less LSA which will give it more power near the top of the tach and give it a little more bump at idle. I made 334RWHP with mine so if you can tune yours or get it tuned you should be fine. If all your doing is matching mass air meter and injectors it is not tuned, you're leaving 20+ HP on the table.