Just installed a Tri Ax.. just a question.

Big Turkey

Sep 12, 2004
I like it. It has short, firm shifts. But I just have a question.

Is it supposed to be "stiff" to shift? It's a little notchy and definately needs more muscle than the stock shifter to get it into gear.

I followed the instructions during installation and set the set bolts correctly. I triple checked them so I know for sure they're correct.

But do you guys think I installed it wrong, or is that normal for a TriAx?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah most short throws feel a little "tough" to push into some gears. my pro 5.0 felt a little tough to push into 1st gear or downshift into 2nd. it was no big deal cuz if u are racing u slam it into gears anyways

It's in the lower position. I need to raise it up because I find that when I go to throw 3rd, my hand almost slips off the shifter because I'm so tall.

But why did you tell me to move it up? I read on the Steeda site that the lower it is, the shorter the shift is. Isn't that whole point? haha

It's much more comfortable to use in the higher position, the increased leverage makes a big difference. I originally installed mine in the lower position, & the next day I was in the parking lot at work on my lunch break moving it up.