Just raced an LS1 Z28

Well it's about 1 A.M. right now and I just got back from my friend's house. Roads are clear, and all of a sudden I see these lights behind me coming up pretty quickly. I'm just like oh geez not another ricer...

But once he got next to me, it was an LS1 z28. I'm like oh ****, finally I can test out this puppy. Well coincidentaly the light infront of us turns red... and I look over to him and he's rubbing his hands together and looking over at me like, "I'm ready to eat your car." and he revs it up. LOL so I do a mini break stand and screech the tires a little bit. The light turns green... he instantly has a car length on me and it starts to grow probably up to 1 1/2 cars. But once we both hit second, I don't lose any more ground. Get caught up at another red, we race again, same outcome. I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear, I wonder how I would have done if I didn't. hmmm...

I get behind him, and blink my lights to tell him it was a good race. Anyways... we get caught up at another red, this time he's infront of me. To his right was an older model z28, LT1. Light turns green, they both hit it, mind you I'm still behind the ls1. To my surprise, I pass the LT1 I'm guessing I was doing about 80... So I switch over into his lane to try and pass the ls1, but I just can't... same distance a little under 2 cars...

But wow what a night. I'm still a bit shaken up right now, that's why it's so long. I'm just really happy on how well I did. :banana: Just imagine once I start putting some engine mods into this thing...

Btw, the ls1 definitely had an exhaust. It was an honorable loss, I'm just so proud of my car. God bless America, and God bless the Mustang. :flag:

I was originally thinking of selling this and getting an 04 Cobra after college, but after tonite, that plan is over. I'll save A LOT more money by just modding the hell out of this thing.

• Sponsors (?)

Kinda the same here..... I got my @$$ handed to me by a new SS. But I was proud of how well my car did. He could only keep 2 lengths on me all the way up past 90 MPH. After a little over 90, though, it is a different story. It's like he just took off again, lol. I didn't stand a chance after about a quarter of a mile, lol.

Yeah I had a blast. I've never raced a z28 and I have always wanted to. I honestly thought that I'd get beat by bus lengths. We raced up to 120 and he really didn't put any more car lengths ahead of me.

Beating that LT1 was so satisfying because my exhuast was right next to his ear and his windows were down. lol when I switched over to his lane, it was sort of like "pssshhh get out of the way, the big dogs are playing."