just wondering??

robbo1987*2.3*

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
varina, va
how would you go about hacking into a coilpack cars computer and " retuneing" it? is there software out there to do it im just thinking on ideas. im a few weeks away from completeing my motor, ive yet to choose a cam or injectors other than the stock 93 roller and the brown tops, ive fully ported and polished the head , three angle valve job, new lifters, springs etc..., .020 trw, balanced rotating assembly yadda yadda ( i work at a machine shop) but i think about it all the time im going to hit a brick wall with the la3 and brown tops when i get to 300-350 right?? or am i wrong?

could i leave the wiring in the 92 and put all the coil packs and harness on the turbo motor, i could even take a dual plug head and put the good seats and guides or whatnot in it and make it a " turbo" head and use that

i dunno im kinda low on money and dont wanna go with megasquirt and dont know anything about blow thru carbs so my options are kinda limited lol

i dunno any thoughts or ideas appreciated

p.s. i know my grammer and punctuation sucks:stupid: lol

• Sponsors (?)

wow

ok not trying to flame but stangnet has gone to **** if thats the best response i can get

why is it obvious that the la3 is easier to hack?? it uses a vam and the computer is essentially reading a chart ( vam door open this much this much throttle dump this much gas its all a chart and predetermined what its gunna do)

mas air meters the air right then and there its not running off a predetermined chart it runs in real time

i havent been on stangnet in some time, but this stuff is supposedly the basics lol vam reads a chart, mass air reads real time lol

i will look elswhere for an answer because obviously noone here knows lol

and b.t.w. im not some snotty brat lol been messing with these for 10 years now and know what im talkin about and doing lol just trying to find a cheaper alternative to aftermarket ecu thats all