K&N filter on the 03 or 04 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Jpjr said:
i'll tell ya why.. because your gonna spend $2-300 on a dyno sensor install + initial run. if your not modding your car to the point of adding pulley's or custom tune that is a big kick in the balls. (not to say i don't agree with you)

Not everybody goes the "Bung-in-the-mid-pipe" method Jpjr. The tailpipe sniffers are more than adequate for ensuring the A/F isn't off. Just because your local dyno operator insists on this method doesn't make it that way everywhere. I've never paid over $75 for 3 pulls with wideband. The majority of the Dynojets use a tail pipe sniff.

U.M.

CarrollShelby said:
Well... I really like my C&L 95mm!
Personally I don't recommend the C&L 95MM or the MAC Straight Shot MAF's. Both of these systems use the stock electronics ina larger housing and flow more air (70CFM more) than what is being reported to the EEC. This results in leaning out the A/F which is how they make the extra power. If you do decide to use one of these aftermarket MAF's it's imperative you get the car on the dyno and ensure the A/F is not too lean.

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Not everybody goes the "Bung-in-the-mid-pipe" method Jpjr. The tailpipe sniffers are more than adequate for ensuring the A/F isn't off. Just because your local dyno operator insists on this method doesn't make it that way everywhere. I've never paid over $75 for 3 pulls with wideband. The majority of the Dynojets use a tail pipe sniff.

U.M.

I guess it depends on location then. The 2 places available to me both require sensors. Like I said before, I'm not disagreeing with you.. just pointing out that many people consider exhaust and intake mods 'safe'. The thought of having to dyno a car to make sure your not burning pistons is quite the fear factor for many..

Jpjr said:
I guess it depends on location then. The 2 places available to me both require sensors. Like I said before, I'm not disagreeing with you.. just pointing out that many people consider exhaust and intake mods 'safe'. The thought of having to dyno a car to make sure your not burning pistons is quite the fear factor for many..

Check out the A/F ratio on this dyno run I've attached. This was with a catted X-pipe, cat-back, and CAI. This was with the stock Ford tune. Pretty scary huh? That's why I tell everyone to get it checked...

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Check out the A/F ratio on this dyno run I've attached. This was with a catted X-pipe, cat-back, and CAI. This was with the stock Ford tune. Pretty scary huh? That's why I tell everyone to get it checked...

U.M.

damn!!

people that read this board will generally get their cars dyno'd. but the 20 year old kid down the street throwing on an exhaust and cai just to get his car to sound better has probably never heard of A/F.