KB GT.. Totalled. *PICS*

• Sponsors (?)

There were only 5 locally for sale. I looked for about 3 weeks.. pretty intensivly. I was against the idea of a vert until I drove it. I'm in love. Just cruising around in the Florida weather is so nice. I know that it has some downsides as far as overall racecar performance goes, but thats not why I bought the car.

I do plan to mod it, and I do plan on making it pretty quick.. but I do also plan to drive this car.

It only has 20k miles on it for an 03. That was also another factor in my decision, the others in town had 40k+ and werent black.

srry =[

]my buddy has that same car. Verts own. Is that exhaust stock? Those things are quieter than a v6 with stock h and mufflers

Man Will, when I saw this thread my heart sank :( . Im sorry to hear that man...I would get a forensic science team to check out the car for any blood...im sure its there and that could be used to nail the retard that stole your car!

Anyways, congrats though on your new ride...its definatly very nice! Im positive it will be a 600RWHP beast in time :nice: .

I'm not arguing with you guys, i was just a little confused cause i read this in a mustang book i have.

1996 SVT Cobra:
"A coiled snake emblem appeared at the mouth of the Cobra's grill this year in place of the 1995's galloping pony."

1997 SVT Cobra:
"The grill was also treated to a galloping horse emblem in place of the coiled serpent."

Oya, sorry about the wrecked GT man. But congrats on the Cobra 'vert upgrade.

Are you out of your mind? Or can't take any sun rays....??? :lol:
The vert is the best choice ever for a stang :shrug:

until they kick you out because even at stock power levels a vert cobra is going to require a cage to run down the track, unless you have some serious driver issues.

my track here its 13.99 and faster requires a cage. i dont think thats nhra rules (i think nhra regs is 13.49 and faster requires cage in verts) but a track can take their rules and add their own safety margin if they feel. i got kicked out with my GST Spyder because i had no cage, ran a 13.7@109 iirc, on low boost setting (12psi) because my high boost (20psi) solenoid wasnt working, and they were like "you must run slower or leave."

Sucks about your car, but in the end it this could be a blessing in disguise. Unlike the GT, your Cobra isn't limited to 400hp, so have fun with it!

exactly. you are now making STOCK what your GT made modded. you have 2-300hp more headroom before the motor itself becomes a bottleneck or weak spot. you have a tranny that can better hold the power. IRS is a largely debated subject, but IMO its alot better than solid rear if its a DD with balls. for these reasons alone is why i will likely not mod my GT, its not the best platform if youre gonna throw money at it. id rather take that 4-5k id spend on a blower setup and put that as a down payment for a 03/04 cobra. (which i did once already). If my GT was wrecked tonight, id be at any lot that had a Termie tomorrow.

Man, that totally sucks about your car getting stolen. I know first hand, as my 2000 mustang was stolen from me in December. The biggest mistake I made was buying nearly the same exact car (color and everything) again. I SHOULD have either bought a mach 1 or an 05+ mustang instead of the 2v again. Looks like you found a really good replacement, Good luck with it!

How does someone get past the PATS system to steal you guys' Mustangs? I thought these cars won't even start without the key with the computer chip. I know mine doesn't because I had to get one of my original keys and a fob recoded at the dealer right after I bought my car because the key would turn the ignition but would not start.:shrug: