Keeping your Coil Packs tight?? HELP

Highroller

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
Vegas
I have seriously waged war against these damn plastic intakes. I think I have stripped out 4 coil packs so far changing plugs etc!

Any secrets to keeping these things tight and not stripped. I know I have a COP loose again because im getting a studdering at idle.. this always happens on my car, then I start to wiggle each one and low and behold one is loose and when I end up finally getting it tight my car is fine!!

Any suggestions??

• Sponsors (?)

GTvert01 said:
Are you talking about stripping the threads that the little gold screw goes into?They will be a little loose regardless.

yeah, it seems like some stay tight, where I can not move them with my hand.. others I can wiggle back and forth, and at this point, I cannot tighten, nor loosen the bolt, Im going to have force it out, and buy another new one..

Does these have to be tight, or do you think the studdering hiccuping at idle is from something else?

cram something between the fuel rail and the COP.
i've got a folded piece of cardboard holding down my #3 COP right now because i snapped the damn bolt putting it back in. still gotta figure a way to get the half of the bolt out of the threads in the intake :/

triggz said:
cram something between the fuel rail and the COP.
i've got a folded piece of cardboard holding down my #3 COP right now because i snapped the damn bolt putting it back in. still gotta figure a way to get the half of the bolt out of the threads in the intake :/

Same problem here. My solution is to wait for an aftermarket intake :D
WES

Those tiny little bolts aren't holding your whole engine together so put your breaker-bar away and use a nutdriver next time ... even a 1/4" ratchet would be overkill for those. I have a bad habit of thinking tighter is better too, but I was careful when I changed my plugs and didn't have any trouble or strip anything.