Kenne Bell guys

y2k2GT

Mar 1, 2007
Moyock, NC
Thinking about getting one, just have a few questions for you guys that have one. How was it dealing with the company? Did you do the install yourself and how was it? Should I go 6psi or do the 9psi with intercooler? They say on there site that no other tunning is needed or recomended, other than theirs, is this true? Is there anything I should know before doing it?
I'm pretty set on the twin screw design, not into drag racing, just want a badass street car. I have an 01 lightning that can run circles around the 02 Gt right now and would like to even things up. Just want your thoughts on this, and thanks in advance. Oh, it is a daily driver.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have a KB but I can tell you from talking to other people on different sites that you should still take it to a shop and have it dyno'ed. One that sticks out in my mind is a guy i talked to that was only running 12.7 afr under boost on the dyno and had to be shut down. I dont think thier tunes are as repeatable as they claim.

my experience with KB has been postive. I had no problems contacting them(got a busy signal on a few attempts,no biggie).I installed mine and it is not hard,very complete kit,good instructions.

I would get the intercooled kit because it is hard to find anyone that stay's with 6 psi,trust me you'll want more. and as far as their tune,I had NO problems with it and most do not either,very few had issues and their probably was more to it than they say. KB sends/tunes a car based on stock pieces or their big tube kit or maf/tb. stray from this and who know's. it is a very safe tune 11.5 afr and 16* timing(shootout is 12.5afr and 21*).

having a lighting you Know the fun a pd blower provides, don't be afraid it is a good/safe kit...HAVE FUN

Get the IC kit because you'll regret passing it up. Over 90% of those who got the non-IC kit ended up upgrading anyways. You might as well do it right the first time.
:stupid: Im going KB when I can afford it and I have spoken to them and Jim Bell personally and they know their stuff.
I wish they made the IC for my application so im just gonna get a meth kit as a liquid intercooler when I step it to 9-11 lbs :banana:

I have a KB 1.7L at 9psi IC. I knew I'd not be able to live with 6psi for long, and trying to add the intercooler later did not sound like fun. Just go for the 9psi IC.
I have had mine about 3 years now, and close to 9k miles on it since. It is not my DD, it's my fun car (in a convertible too). I filled out the KB order form with everything I had done to the car or the stock info if an item had not been modified. I did the install over a weekend. I have the Windsor block (2000) so
had to grind down one protrusion. Other than that the install went well. Just read the instructions fully a few times to make sure you understand all you have
to do. The BAP instructions were a bit sparse I have to say, but it all works and
I am very happy with mine. Love the sound when I stomp the gas too. :)

Thanks guys, got pretty much all the answers I was looking for. I've had mustangs now for about 16 years, but never had a supercharger. I'm not a mechanic but I know my way around car, so I figured I could do the work myself. Thanks again for the replies.