Kenne Bell on my ride

Ray@VSK

Aug 27, 2004
I am currently looking @ a base model Kenne Bell Supercharger with Switch Chip & was wondering just about how much Horse Power/Torque gain should I see over my current 290/325 ?

Also anyone know what your supposed to do about the vacuum lines that normally go to your upper intake for brake & pcv valve since the kb replaces this ?

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm, what about with a 8lb pulley ?

That's odd though, your saying it will only add around 40-50HP, That don't make no sense, even the smallest Vortech does almost twice that though, I thought this blower would be good for 150HP or so with my setup ?

Ya even right here http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/mustang50/mustang50.htm it says a 137RWHP gain on just a stock 5.0 & an additional 30 horse on top of that by just adding a pulley & the flip chip alone supposably is worth another 25, by just doing the math I should be expecting somewhere around 150-200+ extra rear wheel giving me somewhere around 450 or more rear wheel atleast, that don't make no sense ?

i think the kb would make more then 6 psi on your setup.

if im not mistaken it makes more boost by the tb, maf, ect. 8 psi is probably good for the 125 you were expecting.

Ray@VSK said:
Hmm, what about with a 8lb pulley ?

That's odd though, your saying it will only add around 40-50HP, That don't make no sense, even the smallest Vortech does almost twice that though, I thought this blower would be good for 150HP or so with my setup ?

Ya even right here http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/mustang50/mustang50.htm it says a 137RWHP gain on just a stock 5.0 & an additional 30 horse on top of that by just adding a pulley & the flip chip alone supposably is worth another 25, by just doing the math I should be expecting somewhere around 150-200+ extra rear wheel giving me somewhere around 450 or more rear wheel atleast, that don't make no sense ?
Well, keep in mind that the only things that are going to help you out on the breathing end are the heads, 1.7RR, T/B, MAF and exhaust. You don't get to use the upper intake or the U/D pulleys with the blower install and your set up isn't all that radical to start with. I think the figures that I quoted you with just a 6psi pulley are pretty close. I bet you I’m not more than about 10hp off. These 5.0L KB’s produced loads of low-end torque but aren’t real high horsepower makers. Don’t be fooled my Centrifugal numbers. Most of them are Dyno queens and don’t put nearly what they make on paper to the pavement. This KB on the other hand makes use of every single horsepower it produces!

Go with the 9psi pulley and I could see you tacking up near the 400rwhp mark, but as for reaching the 450-claimed hp on a 1500…..Not a chance. Not with out some serious mods….for starters that stock camshaft would have to go.

What, I can't use my under pulleys with this ?

That can't be right, you said I would only be looking @ a 40-50 HP gain I should think 2-3 times that atleast :cheers:

The unit I bought comes with a 8lb pulley, I am also upping my injectors to 30# aswell.

Place your bets, will post before & after dyno #'s in about a week winner gets a internet cookie ;)

Ray@VSK said:
What, I can't use my under pulleys with this ?
Because your under driven crank pulley alters the speed in which all of your pulleys turn, including your blower pulley. You can used them, but be prepared to see only about 5psi of boost, with an 8spi pulley. :D

And acutally, I said around 50-60rwhp with 6psi. Now that you're going to 8psi, I'd guess maybe 80-90rwhp. It's the torque that's gonna take a nice jump with this blower, not so much the horsepower. Keep us posted on the results, but I still stand by my guess. :banana:

Gearbanger 101 said:
Ray man, what's the deal. It hasn't even arrived yet and you've already added it to your sig. :rlaugh:

If I don't get it "God forbid I sent the seller $2,500.00 for it" I'll order one from Kenne Bell then, is there something wrong with me updating my sig or are you insinuating I am unethical for updating early ?

Ray@VSK said:
If I don't get it "God forbid I sent the seller $2,500.00 for it" I'll order one from Kenne Bell then, is there something wrong with me updating my sig or are you insinuating I am unethical for updating early ?
What are you gonna do with your old blower?
Have it feed the roots, lol?

Ray@VSK said:
is there something wrong with me updating my sig or are you insinuating I am unethical for updating early ?
Yes Ray, I'm calling you unethical. You're a damn liar!!! :mad:

Just kidding dumba$$, I'm insinuating that it's pretty obvious that you're anxious. I bet you look like a virgin on prom night right now. :D

:stick:
Yeallow guy: Yup, his brain is broken.
Blue guy: :drool:

Vote Bluevenom867, save the smileys, not the sticks.

*Bluevenom867 dose not approve of this message.

Yea I dont know what I was thinking ethier :shrug: .