Ladies and Gentlemen,…..start your engines

GI Joe 97/02

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2002
Alabama
T&J Performance of Atlanta is sponsoring a track day at the Montgomery Motorsport Park in Montgomery Alabama on May 8th. This is going to be a private track rental. That means will be a prepaid and the cars running will be limited to a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 60 cars. The cost will be $50 per car for an 8am til 4 pm private session. We will have to stop running at 4pm because sanctioned bracket-racing starts then. With 50 cars the full staff will be on hand and the track will be fully prepped. We will have both lanes.
This is not for everyone. Some will want to come as spectators and the standard $10 fee will apply. Some will believe this cost too high and for those this is probably not for you. Others will see the value in this, as private rental is extremely expensive. As part of the sponsorship, T&J Performance has agreed to cover the track cost should the minimum not be met thus assuring a firm event date and price for everyone. The limit on cars will ensure the trip is validated for those coming long distance. Let me stress up front while there may be limited opportunities for tuning and new software usage…this is not a business event…this is an opportunity for friends to get together and race and have fun and that is exactly what we intend to do. There will be something for everyone...15 second mustangs and 6.70 second mustangs. This is also open to the chevys too...so someone let the LS1 guys know...But remeber.. this year its different...to ensure theres not too many cars there is a limit and there are only 25 slots left...
I’d like to give a big thanks to Edgar for helping arrange this. Were it not for him, this would not have happened and would cost much more when it did happen. Thanks bro!
As you can see, we already know that you will have the opportunity to see 200,300,400, 500, 600, 700, 800, and 900 rwhp cars.
Anyone interested should email me direct at: [email protected] Reservations will not be taken via posts and will be secured only after prepayment.
We expect this to fill up fast, so contact me directly for payment instructions and to get your slot reserved. If you know someone that may want to attend, be a good friend and let him or her know about this.
We are all looking forward to this exciting event.
Once everyone is signed up and paid I will be sending invitations to all those that paid. The invitations will be swapped at the gate for a tech card to sign in to run. So those with out the invitations will be attending as spectators and paying their $10.
-Enough promotional items have already been donated to ensure each participant will recieve something to take home.
-Race gas will be available on site 110 unleaded, 110 & 112 leaded.
-Concession stand will be open
-In case you missed it in an earlier post, if you are looking for a motel, check the track's web-site. At the bottom there is a link to local motels. The first 3 listed within 2 miles are just fine...The track is not in the best part of town, but its not in a bad area either...should be just fine. Most anything within 5 miles should be fine. At the top of the home page there are directions.....I'll provide some more later
http://www.mmpdragracing.com
- If you wanted to, you could take in a whole weekend of racing. Every Friday Night the track has Test and Tune/Street Wars...good time to get some seat time in..$10. Saturday they are going to have some serious bracket racers coming in behind us at 4PM, Pro, footbrake, and Jr Dragster. Sunday they have The hot rod Harley Bikes running.
-Bob Mathis will be here with both his and his wifes black Marauders. Lead sled right? Last time he was at Montgomery (several of you all saw his car), he embarrassed some supercharged Mustangs with his 12.6 ET. Great guy ...featured in last months MM&FF pg 136..
-We have a guarantee of 29 May as the alternate date in case of rain
-28 slots remain...
http://yp.mapquest.com/main.adp?_di...0Dr&_dirdma=130

GI Joe

• Sponsors (?)