lambo doors

93-2.3

May 22, 2003
PA
Anyone out there know where i can get instructions preferably free on how to build the hinges i need to make my doors open vertically like on lambos i want to be different but i dont want to spend the big money on a kit id rather do it all myself

• Sponsors (?)

Are you referring to gullwing or scissors doors? Gullwing doors are like those found on the Delorean, the doors found typically on Lamborghini and the various kit cars are properly called scissors doors. http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/hinges_production.html This is designed for kit cars, used on Fiero a lot, but are general purpose. If the link didn't point directly toward it, you're looking for the 1B-4 kit.

My only question is, why would you want scissors doors on a mustang? Specifically a Fox body Mustang (if you're driving what your SN suggests)? Maybe its just me, but I don't think scissors doors fit a Mustang. It doesn't have the look for it. Just my opinion though. I'd say spend the $750 on something to make it go faster/handle better.

There are a few people with those here on SN, you might be better off asking in 5.0 or the lounge (forget what it's called at the moment :rolleyes: ). It can definitely be done on a Fox.

Ash

The hinge goes on the front of the door near the mirror, and then a gas strut extends from the lower front corner of the door, and supports it in the air. That's it. No need for an upper frame like the gull-wing style would need

Raininfire put these doors on his hatch. He bought a kit made for a Honda, and customized it to work. It ended up looking sweet when he was halfway through but he wasn't finished and I haven't seen him around since.

I was going to put them on my 'vert but did a bunch of other things instead. Maybe later, who knows, but it'd look awesome on a 'vert.

91_4ourBanger said:
how would you put scissor doors on a vert? are you retarded?
It'd be easier than a coupe. Why you gotta be an arsehole? :mad:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 98saleen9508-B.jpg
    98saleen9508-B.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 632
mansonozz said:
Raininfire put these doors on his hatch. He bought a kit made for a Honda, and customized it to work. It ended up looking sweet when he was halfway through but he wasn't finished and I haven't seen him around since.

Black hatch, right? That's who I had in mind, couldn't remember his name.

Ash

Can't you just open the doors normally? I mean what's the point if the only time you can see it is when you open the door. Are you gonna drive around with the doors up all the time?

For the money it costs, give me a supercharger and some other goodies. You can wow people with doors that open up, i'll wow em with gobs and gobs of HP.

Mustang5L5 why do you bother to post, no one wants to hear what you have to say...eeh i like hp so everyone else has to too, a cool customization thats personal is so gay, no one has THAT done... I have one point of advice for all of you haters becuase you seem to populate this post, and that is leave cuz 93-2.3 and I dont give 2 ****s about what you have to say. -Pg

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PG is right why put all of the money in HP Gains when you can do something creative. These doors are great and to find something that makes you different and stand out in the crowd is rare. I have a set number for a HP gain for my ride and I will meet that but I also want something that makes my ride different and unique. I see many Fox Bodies around my area and well with no badges you can line many of them up and swear that they are 5.0's because 95% of them have Dual Pipes and are set up to look like a 5.0. So I say hats off to those that step outside of the lines and take the extra step to have what you like. We all agree here that the STOCK LOOK is not why we are in Stangnet anyways. So Opinions are like A**Holes we all have one..........Rich

Papa Georgio said:
Mustang5L5 why do you bother to post, no one wants to hear what you have to say...eeh i like hp so everyone else has to too, a cool customization thats personal is so gay, no one has THAT done... I have one point of advice for all of you haters becuase you seem to populate this post, and that is leave cuz 93-2.3 and I dont give 2 ****s about what you have to say. -Pg

Someone piss in your Cheerios? :spot:

Well there are no rules when it comes to custom, but I don't know if I would do that to a Mustang.
Fox cars are like an institution, if you step out of bounds you are going to get criticism.

Papa Georgio said:
Mustang5L5 why do you bother to post, no one wants to hear what you have to say

Oh please. For the amount of non-biased help i have given over the years here on stangnet, excuse me if i post my opinion once in a while. You don't like it? Skip over it. Just don't tell me to not bother posting.

Don't worry Mike, I always look forward to your posts :)

As you know, I am 60% show, 40% go, and show my car throughout the year rather than race it. So an idea like this is not just to be Mr. Ricer to me.

Sorry mike but my pet peive is people that post like that, I didnt know how many posts you had at the time but I do feel that 'dissing' a customization someone has thoughtup for their car is rather low. When I dont like an idea I just wont bother to post against it, its the internet man. - Pg