Laptop Dyno software on HOT ROD TV !~

03Sleeper

Apr 29, 2003
Fordville,USA
Ok I was watching HOT ROD TV and they had a Software that you could dyno your car with only inputing the info of your mods like what kind of Filter or plenum and it would kick out your dyno #'s and they tested it and it was dead on!!
Dose anyone know what the software was??
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

03Sleeper said:
Ok I was watching HOT ROD TV and they had a Software that you could dyno your car with only inputing the info of your mods like what kind of Filter or plenum and it would kick out your dyno #'s and they tested it and it was dead on!!
Dose anyone know what the software was??
:shrug:

There was a write-up about this software in MMFF a month or two ago. If no one else answers by the time I get home, I will get the name of it for you out of the mag.

Funny i JUST posted about the same thing...it is for PDA or Laptop. there are a few brands.

AutoEnginuity
Proscan

these are two companies that make the software. Do a search on ebay for "palm dyno" or "OBD II Dyno" or "Dyno software" IF ANYONE has used this stuff please speak up. It looks way to cool. Really thinking about buying it.

Maybe it's on Kazaa......:scratch:

00VERT GT said:
Funny i JUST posted about the same thing...it is for PDA or Laptop. there are a few brands.

AutoEnginuity
Proscan

these are two companies that make the software. Do a search on ebay for "palm dyno" or "OBD II Dyno" or "Dyno software" IF ANYONE has used this stuff please speak up. It looks way to cool. Really thinking about buying it.

Maybe it's on Kazaa......:scratch:
Did a search, it's not there. Not to mention you would still need the OBD II connector for you PC to OBD II connection. Something like this I'm not too sure if I would want bootleg. Last thing you need is to upload a virus to your car!!! :rlaugh:

Blev said:
Did a search, it's not there. Not to mention you would still need the OBD II connector for you PC to OBD II connection. Something like this I'm not too sure if I would want bootleg. Last thing you need is to upload a virus to your car!!! :rlaugh:

Good point. well the software with the all the hardware is only like $100 on ebay.

00VERT GT said:
Good point. well the software with the all the hardware is only like $100 on ebay.
Only $100 bucks!! I would 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' that up. If it does what it says it does, you could buy it, and Dyno people for like 20 - 40 bucks a pop. You could easily make the money back.

:OT:
How do the 8" sound? Since our trunks are so dang small, I was considering some 8" fosgates.

one of the best is called dyno 2000 but it is very tech oriented. there is alot of info that has to be put in like the flow rate of the heads and cam specs but the out come is very accurate. there are quite a few race teams that use this while building motors. it really does work.

Blev said:
Only $100 bucks!! I would 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' that up. If it does what it says it does, you could buy it, and Dyno people for like 20 - 40 bucks a pop. You could easily make the money back.

How do the 8" sound? Since our trunks are so dang small, I was considering some 8" fosgates.

Yeah this software shows you everything. Anything you can think of it tells you. Even 1/4 times and any codes that are being thrown. Plus you can update it for free online. I do want to buy i'm just asking if anyone has used anything like this. It seems much better than having to go to a dyno.

Oh and the 8" 's did sound great they are out right now cause i'm having problems with voltage "i think" refer to RPM DROP thread.

00VERT GT said:
Yeah this software shows you everything. Anything you can think of it tells you. Even 1/4 times and any codes that are being thrown. Plus you can update it for free online. I do want to buy i'm just asking if anyone has used anything like this. It seems much better than having to go to a dyno.

Oh and the 8" 's did sound great they are out right now cause i'm having problems with voltage "i think" refer to RPM DROP thread.
Didn't read the post but if your saying your RPM's dropped or you have a funny idle when the stereo is ON you just need a deep cycle battery and some sub caps. I use to install stereo's and that happened on a few cars that had huge amps. The stock alternator isn't strong enough to keep up with the battery drain for the spark of the coil and a huge draw from the amps. Hope that helps.

The software I was talking about was DYNO info it said how much RWHP and tourqe and 1/4 mile and all the same stuff the dyno gives ya!
Not the stuff youguys are showing me?
did anyone see the show??
Here's how it worked
HTere was a list you check the items your car has and then it kicks out your dyno info NO CABLE TO THE CAR!!
THe car they used it on was a 1976 GTO so I know htey didn't use any OBC cable!!
thx

03Sleeper said:
The software I was talking about was DYNO info it said how much RWHP and tourqe and 1/4 mile and all the same stuff the dyno gives ya!
Here's how it worked
HTere was a list you check the items your car has and then it kicks out your dyno info NO CABLE TO THE CAR!!
THe car they used it on was a 1976 GTO so I know htey didn't use any OBC cable!!
thx

I know exactly what you are talking about. Like I said before, it was reviewed in an issue of MMFF. I will get you the name this evening. I'm sure somebody else in here has that issue laying around too.

Blev said:

about your OT:

2 8" Bazookas with a 600 watt amp and you will be more than happy

Software

03Sleeper said:
Here's how it worked
thx

I have Dyno 2000... use it all the time..

catch me on AIM = ToolingGuy1

I used a program called desktop dyno that did what you are talking about. But it was a few years ago. Like was mentioned before, you do have to know every last detail spec about your engine. It did have some preset engines that you could pull up and modify. At the time there were no modulars listed. Do a search for 'desktop dyno' and you'll find a lot of info.