Laroccas Cancelled on me Next best choice?

9eightGTEE

Jul 19, 2004
LaRoccas in OldBridge NJ said they cant work on my car cause it has an C&L MAF. I have heard mixed things about Crazy Horse. Anyone heard of "Outrageous Mustangs" in Jackson NJ? I have a 347, its running like crap i need it to run right. who should i bring it to

• Sponsors (?)

Just get a new MAF, you're better off anyway. Crazy Horse built a friend of mine's car, I've only heard good things but I haven't been paying much attention so I can't really say either way. If you want to take a day trip up to CT, I know a few kickass shops.

The size would be fine, it's just that the C&L is known for being junk. You can pick up a Pro-M CHEAP from Corral or here on SN's classifieds, swap it over, and have LaRocca's do it like you planned. Unless they have something against Pro-M and/or just want to sell you their own parts in-house. If that sounds like something you don't mind doing (i'd do that, personally), ask them if they'll work on your car if you put a Pro-M on it. That may be the only problem for them.

If you want your car seriously fudged up, take it to Crazy horse, their rep has gone downhill, besides they are more of a modular shop.

I'm pretty sure Laroccas is just the name now, supposidly he sold the shop a while ago.

I'm probably a bit biast in shop choice, because i've been friends with Big Daddy at outrageous mustangs since 92/93. But i know him and his work well, he's meticulous. And probably one of the most knowledgeable pushrod guys there is.
Shop is only 5 minutes from my house.

BTW, he's also going to tell you to ditch the C&L.
Probably give you a line like "get a real mass air meter".

He's a PMAS (new pro m company) dealer, so he can get you the meter you need pretty quickly.

He's leaving for a race soon, so if you don't get him tommorrow, you'll likely have to wait until early next week.
If you need the phone number, pm me.

2000xp8 said:
If you want your car seriously fudged up, take it to Crazy horse, their rep has gone downhill, besides they are more of a modular shop.

I'm pretty sure Laroccas is just the name now, supposidly he sold the shop a while ago.

I'm probably a bit biast in shop choice, because i've been friends with Big Daddy at outrageous mustangs since 92/93. But i know him and his work well, he's meticulous. And probably one of the most knowledgeable pushrod guys there is.

He's a PMAS (new pro m company) dealer, so he can get you the meter you need pretty quickly.

He's leaving for a race soon, so if you don't get him tommorrow, you'll likely have to wait until early next week.

Jimmy LaRocca did NOT sell his shop as he is still there and doing well. I talked to him 2 weeks ago and asked him about these "rumors" and thats all they were FYI.

I would also go with a Pro-M meter. I got a 80mm through Larocca's for $220 brand new. I think they had a sale at the time though but worth a shot. I called Pro-M and they told me Larocca's get a "special" calibration for their setups so that's why I let them get it, just so they couldnt blame it on me if it was screwed up. They use the flow sheet to help with the tune also.

2000xp8 said:

Yea i Planned on taking it to him. He said he could fit me in monday. The problem is after this weekend i have no time to drop the car off. I asked if i could drop it off on thursday or friday and leave it over the weekend but he said no. So now im totally screwed.

9eightGTEE said:
Yea i Planned on taking it to him. He said he could fit me in monday. The problem is after this weekend i have no time to drop the car off. I asked if i could drop it off on thursday or friday and leave it over the weekend but he said no. So now im totally screwed.
You go back a half a year, his shop got jacked, and so did a few things off cars in his lot, so if he's not there and won't be, he doesnt' want cars there.
It's not personal, he just lost too much money on that incident.

Blakthorn said:
what about mustang magic in long island, ny?

:lol: :lol:

You are better off having a blind midget tune your car then them!

9eight, whats your 347 combo? I tune my car with an Anderson PMS and I use a 80mm pro M meter. My 347 runs amazing.

Here's some of my opinions...

C&L meters can cause issues, so I have heard. I have never had a problem with mine in the 10yrs I have had it. I have a conical air filter mounted on the tube, which is supposedly one of the worst things you can do with these meters. :rolleyes:

I would not trust any shop that told me to buy a new part just because there was a chance that the current part might cause problems. :nonono:

The reason they don't want to tune C&Ls is that it may take them more time. Time is money to them, so they tell you to spend more of your money. :nonono:

My advice would be to purchase a tweecer and a wb. I can't believe how easy this thing is. A little confusing at first, but easy.
I seriously wish I had made this purchase 5yrs ago.

One other advantage...
I get free tunes for ever :banana:

Well that is my opinion, hope I don't get bashed too hard for it. :p

Or, you could always go to Blind Midget Racing for a good dyno tune. :hail2:

jason