Launching with stall

jermy82

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2002
Sherman, Illinois
So I finally got my car out to see what it could do after the torque converter install. I hadn't ran it since before it had the converter, pullies, catback, and throttle body, so I thought it was about time. Anyway, all I have within an hour and a half is a G tech, so I just used that. The best run I had was a 15.3 @99. Needless to say after all that my time only dropped a tenth of a second. However, it is obvious that the car is now totally useless in first, and part of second gear, so that is the problem. I tried to launch like I used to...reving till the wheels started to spin then gassing it, and I tried just gunning it. Neither worked worth a crap. I'm gonna put on some dr's this summer, but I would still like to pick up more than a tenth of a second for now...Any tips?

• Sponsors (?)

jermy82 said:
So I finally got my car out to see what it could do after the torque converter install. I hadn't ran it since before it had the converter, pullies, catback, and throttle body, so I thought it was about time. Anyway, all I have within an hour and a half is a G tech, so I just used that. The best run I had was a 15.3 @99. Needless to say after all that my time only dropped a tenth of a second. However, it is obvious that the car is now totally useless in first, and part of second gear, so that is the problem. I tried to launch like I used to...reving till the wheels started to spin then gassing it, and I tried just gunning it. Neither worked worth a crap. I'm gonna put on some dr's this summer, but I would still like to pick up more than a tenth of a second for now...Any tips?
DR's are a must for a stall conv.Thats what its for,"the hole shot"!! Your using way too much converter,,bring it up to 8-900 rpm,"THATS IT"!! When the light drops,"nail it" :nice: I got mine last year and tried "all" combo's!! This is the best way by far!!! A good converter will cut 5-7 tenths off "with" traction.