LCA's or TB w/ elbow?

elite130

Dec 7, 2005
Denver, CO
I am debating whether to get a set of Maximum Motorsports LCA's, or get a FRPP 70mm or 75mm throttle body and intake elbow. The TB and elbow will be topped off with a JLT RAI.

I'm being pulled towards the MM LCA's, but I think I need to get the engine breathing better (being a mile high really kills the horsepower). I need your opinions.

Thanks for the help :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

i would do the full intake. im sure the gains will be decent and its alot easier to install than lca's and not much more. i just got pro3 street/race lca's on (basically no diff in them and mm lca's..but 60 bux cheaper), and i dont really notice that much with them, exept that theres more road noise inside the car.

I would do the LCA's. you will notice them more.

I would try to find out what bearing the pro 3i uses and what tubing they use. then find out what MM uses. if they are the same then I would consider the Pro3i. too many people assume that if something looks alike it is alike. I don't know either way in this case. just make sure the $60 you save is a real savings and not just a cheaper part in general.

I wanted spherical bearing on both ends because I don't run a panhard bar so MM was my main option.

I installed TB/Plenum and LCA's within a month of each other. You really cant go wrong wither way. If you're a track junkie, then go LCA's. If you only hit the strip occasionally, then TB/Plenum.

hognutz!!! whats up with that trac-loc man? someone said you were leaning towards a detriot piece? what did you go with, FRPP?