legal advice

hey guys i got caught 2 days ago, the cop pulled me over and checked my exhaust i had only riged up straight pipes with nothing on them so i could cruse around...he fined me for it 157:50 but he wrote down the wrong name on my fine, i seen the same cop today and he waved me in so i just went in didnt realize it was the same cop..

he said i made a mistake on your ticket im gonan give u a new one, and this is after i alrdy have my car fixed!

i told him no i dont think so, i'll see you in court, he said well then your under arrest, so i paniced and he wrote out my new ticket, he said he can write out new ones any time he wanted, he put the same date and time on it, when it happened 2 days ago, i have a reciept from getting my exhausst fixed and all, im not sure what to do im going to take it to court, he fined me 2 times for the same thing when i had my car fixed.

and when he gave the new ticket which was 2 days later, he wrote june 3rd at 11:20 when it was june 5th 3ish...advice plz! im going to call legal aid i think

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah f that. The worst that could happen is you have to pay the ticket. take him to court. DENY THE FIRST TICKET. THATS NOT YOU, AND YOU NEVER GOT A TICKET, TECHNICALLY. UNLESS HE HAS IT ON CAMERA YOU CANT GET CAUGHT. AS FAR AS YOU GO YOUR CAR WAS LEGAL, CATS AND ALL. WHEN HE PULLED YOU OVER THE SECOND TIME HE HAD NO REASON. AND AS A MATTER OF FACT IT SOUNDS LIKE HARASSMENT TO ME.

You have a solid case. If you can afford it, explain your situation to a lawyer as you've explained it to us, take the tickets to court, and the lawyer will run the cop around in circles.

pm tunedin302 and he can give you some advice.

I am not one to tell people to take things to court because I think that we should pay for our mistakes but you shouldn't pay for his mistake. He screwed up and he can't accept it. A big :notnice: to him.

Unfortunately, a judge will almost always side with the cop, or if not present, then the cops side of the story. At best you will be able to get one of the tickets dismissed, but not both. You could mention that the cop threatened you with arrest, but I doubt the judge will care. Well, take it as a lesson learned that you should know your rights... because the pigs will push you around if you don't!

maybe you should have let him arrest you, i dont really see a reason he could actually arrest you for, then you could have sued... of course im not a lawyer or have any kind of legal background but it def sounds like the cops got his head up his ass on a power trip

a good lawyer might sway twords entrapment, or filing a false police report since the dates are different. They always find a way to find the hole to get their client to win. I see how the judge might side the cop , but thats not always the case.

Bottom line- cop f'd up and is prob a rookie. Judge may see that and let it be a lesson. Another big help is if your record is clean. Bring a resume like document stating your accomplishments , basically to prove your not a punk ass. Ive gotten off for impersonating a police officer ( illegal display of blue lights) for gay strobes that were bright white/blue. At any rate, I told the judge I left a car show and didnt even know they were on (true story) Since my record is clean I got off from the $300 ticket. GOOD LUCK

There are many variables in this case. You need to give more details (i.e. what name was on the ticket vs. what name was supposed to be on the ticket). And each state's laws are different when it comes to traffic violations. What state are you in?

And grey5.0, for the record "double jeopardy" has nothing to do with this. It refers to a case being tried twice in court, and it applies only to criminal cases, not civil matters.

my names todd jordan burton and he put troy jordan burton, he also gave me a warning on my tint which i have to remove and he got my name right on that....i do have a speeding ticket and another ticket for not having a regrestration in my vehicle that i did not pay yet, but im going to throw some money down on them and tell the judge i cannot afford to pay them which i cant because i am unemployed....