Lighter vs. More horsepower?

No, not wise, just been around the block a few times. Ok, maybe a bit more wise than the average poster.

Already been to some sites and got a few :nonono: s and :nono: s.

Unfortunately, Sir, this seems to be a common response when a forum's business model shifts from member concentric to sponsor concentric. :shrug: Thanks for understanding. PM Mike. If you are looking for a moderately sized, active demographic for aftermarket CF styling components, the S197 crowd here on Stangnet may be a good match.

• Sponsors (?)

Unfortunately, Sir, this seems to be a common response when a forum's business model shifts from member concentric to sponsor concentric. :shrug: Thanks for understanding. PM Mike. If you are looking for a moderately sized, active demographic for aftermarket CF styling components, the S197 crowd here on Stangnet may be a good match.

definetely will when the time is right.

definetely will when the time is right.

:nice: Understood. In the meantime, welcome aboard, Captain. Contribute as you see fit. Individuals with technical capacity are always welcome.

Oh and Hobo I am not sure someone running autox or road circuit SCCA would want a stage 4. With all due respect, there are some courses where you will not pull more than a 15 second 3,500 RPM shot between chicane apex to exit. This type of cam is really suited for a 1/4 mile bracket.

:nice: Understood. In the meantime, welcome aboard, Captain. Contribute as you see fit. Individuals with technical capacity are always welcome.

Oh and Hobo I am not sure someone running autox or road circuit SCCA would want a stage 4. With all due respect, there are some courses where you will not pull more than a 15 second 3,500 RPM shot between chicane apex to exit. This type of cam is really suited for a 1/4 mile bracket.

Very true and point taken ;)

in my personal opinion it all boils down to hwat you are willing to sacrifice to go fast. I own a 96 dodge intrepid with a 3.3 liter V6 that is bone stock and runs 13.5 average ET. my interior is a drivers seat auto matic shifter on the floor pedals steering wheel and guages. it doesnt even have any seam sealer or insulation on the floor, all my glass is lexan cept the windsheild kept that glass. i made the fiberglass hood fenders and decklid. lighter is faster its also good for mileage. i get 31 mpg. but my car wieghs nothing. ive got an alternator and power steering and nothing else to drag my engine down. so... for an extremist like myself lose weight and add power. oh and i did manage to keep my car street legal.