little help ..

gsvt

Dec 9, 2003
dearborn, mi
i'm just curious, will bolting on my p/s pump, and a/c pump after the engine has already been dropped in the car be too hard? any one know if there is a lot of room to work with.

can the ecm from an auto be reprogramed for 5spd? or can an 02 cobra emc be used on a 02 gt?

Can the p/s pump from a 99 v6 be bolted onto a 2002 block without modification or are they different. I know the hoses and tanks will have to be changed.

Oh yes, which clutch should be used. I have a 2002 4.6l block with 6 bolt crank. I have a t45 from a 99 cobra. 11'' clutch? anyone know which centerforce clutch specifically?

oh yes, i have a saleen type 2 supercharger... anyone have trouble contacting them? i need a few small clips, and brackets.. but i can't get a hold of them. i called up saleen and they told me to email [email protected]. I got nothing.. even with 1 email a day for 2 weeks.

Oh yes, I was removing the dash from my 99, and there is one harness clip up at the top left that is sorta on an angle into the firewall. Anyone know how to get that out? I tried for an hour working under a dash that is ready to come out and the connector won't undo. Is there an easier way? Do i have to take out the wheel well plastic to get at it?

thank a lot if you can help me with any of these questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Cali03Boss said:
i had a hard time with saleen as well. I just gave up, but i wasn't dealing with their s/c so you might wanna call and complain.

as far as the pumps go, if the motor is out, i would think it'd be easier

yea i know it would be easier. I decided to buy an irs from an 02 cobra (sweet deal), new trans, s/c, black interior (changing from tan that came in the electric green), 02 cobra abs booster, and master cyclinder first before i bought the front accessories for the engine. now it's christmas... and everyone knows how that is. i barrowed the picker and pulled the v6 motor out, and don't have the picker for too much longer. i thought i could just drop it in while i had it, and deal with the accessories later. i might just do that, i'm not sure. saleen thinks they're better than us... i bet if i was buying another supercharger they would listen to me. but since i want some brackets and gaskets, they won't help.

oh yea, anyone know what gear ratio comes stock in the irs 02 cobra rear end?