Little Rant: Proffesional Products

Swarzkopf

Sep 23, 2004
Pittsburgh
I figure you fellow 5.0 guys will appreciate this as well:

Why the **** doesn't Proffesional Products offer a Typhoon-priced intake manifold patterned after the regular PERFORMER manifold and NOT the PERFORMER RPM!?

Seems to me that most potential Typhoon buyers are folks on a budget (like myself) who are looking for cheap horsepower, and do not have the serious engine modifications necessary for using the Typhoon (patterned after the Performer RPM).

I think that not only would they do alot more business if they made an intake modeled after the regular Performer (or Streat Heat, Cobra, GT40, Systemax, ect.), but they'd make guys like me alot happier.

Their $500 manifold, adapter, and throttle body packages are a great deal and I'd certainly buy one if the manifold were one that would improve the performance on my car.

Okay, I'm done now.

• Sponsors (?)

Buy a PPI lower and match it with an Edelbrock Performer upper. Comes out to $450 or so.

That's still $150 more, at least, than I could pick up a straight up Typhoon for. It'd be awfully nice if they sold a $300 brand new manifold that would benefit my car.

As it is, I'll probably buy either a used Cobra or a new Street Heat; but everytime I see those $500 PP manifold/throttle body/elbow packages I get pissed.

Why doesnt Perf. Prod. spend more time making a solid product before doing any more product lines or even making any more parts. Looks like a blind midget from china made it in his backyard unused rice field (no disrespect for china, the blind or midgets).

I know of several people who have had issues with the back plate on the PP intake leaking like crazy. The intake adp. elbow I have from them was about as rough as it could be. I spent several hours sanding the outside to get it somewhat smooth, and the mounting holes were off. The bolts came in an uneven amount that the non-existant instructions didnt help. It took me about an hour to get the bolts and stuff in the correct order to get all of them in and have the elbow prop. installed. The EGR tube is alittle off and is not alligned 100% correctly.

other than that the box it came is was nice and had all 6 sides taped up for good shipping :shrug:

In these situations, you get what you pay for.

I did a PP Typhoon swap and the casting flash was angled. The ports were not consistant and both sides needed to be milled considerably to get them flush with the heads, causing the port alignment to be off just a tad.

Essentially, it was a piece of ****.

Joe

Swarzkopf said:
I figure you fellow 5.0 guys will appreciate this as well:

Why the **** doesn't Proffesional Products offer a Typhoon-priced intake manifold patterned after the regular PERFORMER manifold and NOT the PERFORMER RPM!?

Ask the $.25/hr chineese people who make it ;) Buy the REAL American product and you won't have this problem.

Well, I'm starting to not care that PP doesn't make a manifold to closer specifications that I'd want since so far on this thread it's been unanimous that their stuff is crap.

As for "real American" products, you'd be suprised how much of your genuine Ford, real American parts come from Taiwan (or Mexico, China, Korea...).