Exhaust Long Tube Headers And O2 Sensor Code

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by scottyp, Jun 9, 2014.

1. scottyp

scottyp New Member

I just got me a 2004 Mustang Gt 4.6L and the guy I got it from put on long tube headers and Borla exhaust. The service engine light is on, it reads P0153 Bank 2 Sensor 1 - O2 sensor Circuit Slow Response. He said it had this code because of the long tube heads, which makes sense. Well a few days ago I decided to hook up my OBDII scanner and now it gives me that P0153 code I previously mentioned but it also gave me a code and I believe it said the Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 sensor is stuck and another code saying Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 sensor is running lean. I'm just wanting to know if the o2 sensor is actually the problem or is something else causing those codes? Maybe a vacuum leak or maybe it needs tuned. I'm on a budget and don't want to waste money on a new O2 sensor if that isn't the problem is all lol. Thanks.
  2. Rusty67

Rusty67 Well-Known Member

I believe you need to retune to fix it. I think you need to have these parameters changed in the tune:
    o2 transport delay time, modify time delay for closed loop, modify temp for front hego to go closed loop, and heater duty cycle
    trombonedemon likes this.
  3. Mattstang04

Mattstang04 Active Member

I've always heard a tune was necessary after long tubes. Time to get to the dyno.