long tube install

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I definitely put a few scratches in my ceramic long tubes installing them but nothing real bad like down to the metal and you really cant see it unless you crawl up under the car and look up inside the bay by the starter.:nice:

T-Wayne said:
I think I'll try to do it that way.
I think I have everything ready to drop the fresh 306 today, u'all wish me luck!!!

I have done it 10 times or so with my car. It's a fox. I always lay my motor in but not the whole way. Then I slide my headers in and bolt them up. Then drop the motor the rest of the way. CAKE.

Rugged said:
I have done it 10 times or so with my car. It's a fox. I always lay my motor in but not the whole way. Then I slide my headers in and bolt them up. Then drop the motor the rest of the way. CAKE.
This is the way I've done it before. It is easier than scratching your paint or your headers up. Also saves a lot of cussing. :D

good luck t-wayne, let us know how it turns out. Yea I think next time I have to do anything majore that requires removing my headers the motor is coming out, I think it would take less time to pull the motor completely out and work on it up high on a stand and have a smooth reinstall then trying to unbolt the headers and move them out of the way blah blah blah...ya live and ya learn. :nice:

Well all, With the headers installed, worked like a champ!!!! No side scraches or anything.The only problem I had was right befor the motor mounts seated, the tips of the headers and the and of the trans hit the floor(no big deal). now I can't really complain about that :nice: . As soon as I can get the pic's off my camera I'll post'em. Thanks for all ya's inputs.