Look at the New 06!!

Check out the new Christmas present!!! These were right after I got the tint put on....

2228704_2_full.jpg

2228704_1_full.jpg

2228704_3_full.jpg

2228704_4_full.jpg

2228704_6_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for all the comments guys! In Texas 35% is legal on the front windows... mines 20% (haha Shhh!) but I'm had cars that dark before with no problems. I love it though. The windshield doesn't have anything on it except for the sun shield that was on it when I bought it. I think those are called eyebrows or somethin? IDK. I'm not positive but I dont think my tint place put any felt pieces or anything. I haven't had any problems at all yet. I kept mine up for about 3 days just to be safe though.

Nice..Looks like mine..06 Gt,Black on Black, Tint, Installed, Mac Ceramic coated shorties, JBA 3.5" axel back, I ordered, C&L CAI, WIth SCT tuner, Pypes off road H pipe, Steeda Pullies yesterday..should be here next week,,,looking for power ;-p

mostang01 said:
Oh..and I wish I had known about the felt, my tint is already scratched..whats the deal with that?

I am sorry to hear you have the infamous inner tint scratches.
It is caused by the window tint rubbing on the inside when you roll the window up and down.:nonono:

For all that plan on getting tint let that be a lesson for you.
Before you get tint, go to your local Wal-mart. Visit the section that sells house paint and doorknobs and stuff. Ask for felt lining. It is sold in strips and used for "all-purpose"

Use it on the indide of the window where it rolls up and down and apply the felt stripping to keep it from rubbing directlyagainst the window.

Thats how it was explained to me.
Good luck hope it does not get worse, but it won't get really really bad just noticeable when you are right up on it.
J

Sweet... well I haven't had any problems with the tint yet... but mine has a warrenty so we'll see what happens. Hey mostang01.... how do you like those jba catbacks??? I think thats what im about to go with.... the whole jba setup. headers... h pipe and catbacks....

Actually its not the rubber thats making the scratches.. its dirt being drapt between the window and rubber. When the window is rolled up and down the dirt scratches the tint...BTW.. i work in a Tint Shop.:D

Best thing to do is use Felt.. the felt traps the dirt and still is soft enough to not scratch. If your able to take off the door panels, i would and put strips of felt of the rubber. To do this you want to makes sure the rubber is completley free of oil and dirt otherwise the felt wont stick well..... good luck!