Looking for a cheap aluminum driveshaft.

88 Fox GT

Nov 18, 2002
Iowa
Who makes good aluminum driveshafts that are relatively decent priced? I saw some from Ford Racing for about $230 on 50resto.com. I was looking for something around the $150 range if possible.

• Sponsors (?)

Aluminum driveshaft from AeroStar:
It needs to be from a 92-93-94 Aerostar AWD and you will need u-joint part #353 from NAPA. It is supposed to be a bolt up once the U joints are replaced.
Jinker gave me this idea from going to a junkyard and finding 1 there, im sure it will be a steal if you get one.

In the past year, I've seen less than a handful advertised for 150 bucks or less. They're just untouchable for that price, unless you do the aerostar conversion mentioned or have a buddy whom has one.

Good luck.

i would just fork out the cash and get a new one for over 200$, i was hesitant to buy mine because it seemed like too much. all it was going to do was help with vibrations.

but i finally forked over the cash and got one, and it was one of the BEST investments i have made in my car. it completly took my vibrations away, COMPLETELY with a 3.90 gear and with a short throw i cant feel anything.

you used to be able to get them cheaper but not now. i would just get one new. that way u know it will work. you take a chance buying them used, you never know what happened to something you buy use so your taking a chance.

buying it new its already assembled and all u need to do is take it out of the box and put it in.

A new one is only 80 bucks more than what your asking, and your getting a new product. While I haven't been majorly screwed on used parts, buying used has cost me money and time so now I'm going new only unless I know the history of the part.

I'll probably just buy the new one. $250 isn't bad, I just wasn't sure if there were other options out there because I know how Ford Racing can be when it comes to jacked up prices. Thanks.

One more option is to see if a local shop can build you something. Sometimes prices are not too bad from what I gather (I have NOT had this done, but it's something I'd definitely consider).