Looking for a DD...

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
Im looking for a 96-98 Automatic Mustang GT. Yes another SN95 :nice: Im looking at one, a 98 with 109K miles their asking 4500, 1 owner, red, leather, tan interior. Any thing I should look for... Like what usually breaks on those cars and stuff like that.....

• Sponsors (?)

Their intakes had plastic coolant crossovers in the intake. They can crack and leak. I personally know of 3 owners whose cars have had this failure.

This is a pic. of the new intake with the aluminum coolant crossover used after '01(possibly mid-year).
lrs-9424pi.jpg

This whole thing is plastic on old models, and that '98 probably still has the plastic one.

How about a tank? You'd combine two of your favorite things - cars and really, really big guns. And at 4 gallons to the mile, it'd be a sweet cruiser (you dont overheat in traffic because you never stop moving).

Have you driven a 4R70W mod motor? You might find you have to stand on it to go anywhere. Just make sure it wont drive you nuts - otherwise find a 5 spd instead.

Good luck bud.

I would do it actually. Not bad milage(20 or so), good looking, auto easy to drive in traffic, almost as fast as your stock 95(stock for stock), not to bad of a price. Later on do a pi head swap, vt cams, stall, and a shot.