Looking for a sub around $150

I'm trying to decide on what kind of sub I'm going to go with. Will most likely be a 10" in a sealed box for SQ. Even though I'm going for SQ, I still want something with some thump.

If any one has good experience with subs and knows their stuff, let me get your opinions on a good sub in this price range.

• Sponsors (?)

i love my 10 inch L5.ported box 1.5 cubes and a kenwood 1800 monoblock on it,only hitting the sub with around 500 at 2 ohms.sounds clean and POUNDS.it fuggs up my vision every now and then.sound great with any music and sounds like 2 12's.or so everyone tells me.

my 2 cents

+1 for the alpine r in a slotted box. friend has 2 type e alpine 12s in his fox an i have 1 12 type r in a slotted box in my fox and these speakers hit so many different bass notes its crazy. my friend had the new kenwood speakers in the same box and they had a smoking session on the same amp that the type e speakers are on now and they have lasted 1 year and hes hard on his stereo.

i personally would go with this
IXL-10.2.2 [IXL-10.2.2] - $165.00 : Mach 5 Audio

they are high excursion drivers that have a good amount of displacement and stay very linear. work well in a small sealed box too.

SSA Shop- SSA Dcon 10D4 Sub woofer300watt rms
^^
that would prob work out best for you. it uses a 2" coil which doesnt need alot of power to get going.

op i suggest you download a program called bass box pro and model some subwoofers in different enclosures to see which will be best for you. i also have some nice designs on slot ported boxes for single 10" subs that would work out well and fit any mustang trunk.