Looking to change cams, need advice.

kevsstang

Mar 21, 2004
pa
Hey guys, I am looking to possibly change my cam (E-303) to a different off the shelf cam. It also has to be emissions friendly. I also was hoping to pick up a few more HP. Also is my intake hurting performance. I did a research on the cam question but didn't satisfy my question. thanks in advance.

kev

• Sponsors (?)

Your intake is fine as long as you didn't touch the heads...an E-cam does not get the respect it deserves...one thing you can do is but some 1.7rr on there to raise the lift from .498 to about .528...if you want a different cam than the alphabet cams you may want to check out trickflwo stage 1 cam...it's pretty good...comp makes good cams as well. Custom will defintely be the best but it is pricey...BTW: your heads want more timing...I have a almost same setup as you but my heads are not box stock and I have a GT-40 intake...I run 18* at 42psi with the same injector as you...

if you have roller rockers on now you probably had to take the metal baffle out which is right under the oil spout...1.7 should fit...FMS makes a nice set for cheap...so does harland sharp...everything else should be comparable in price...My heads had been fully ported on the exhaust side with bowls blended and combustion chambers polished...the intake side has been opend up to a felpro 1262 gasket since I was planing on running a supercharger...I only dynoed my car at a Fun Ford weekend outside dyno with no tuning what so ever...the car made 291RWHP and 322RWTQ but that was with 14* timing, no pullies, too big of pushrods...(I wasn't getting full compression)...since than I have upped the timing to 18* got my pullies, took my smog pump and AC out, and got the right size pushord...No idea what I make but I hope its between 300-315RWHP...

I have the ford crate engine and the 1.6rr so i don't know if the baffles are out but i can't imagine they would be hard to take out. Sounds like good numbers (300-315) i would love to get that NA. Aren't you getting any detonation with 18* of timing, I take it you are running 93 or 94.