Looky what I got!!!

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
WOOT WOOT!!!
Patriot Performance SBF 185cc heads + lunati 51014 cam(not pictured)

Paid for them Wednesday and got them via UPS today. Aren't they purty:D
MAN I am pumped. Christmas day and the two days following are my off days so I'll be looking to finish her up then she's off to the dyno. Looking for 275+
heads008.jpg

heads007.jpg

heads006.jpg

heads005.jpg

heads004.jpg

heads003.jpg

heads002.jpg

heads001.jpg

Attachments

• heads008.jpg
    heads008.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 70
  • heads007.jpg
    heads007.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 80
  • heads006.jpg
    heads006.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 60
  • heads005.jpg
    heads005.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 66
  • heads004.jpg
    heads004.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 74
  • heads003.jpg
    heads003.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 71
  • heads002.jpg
    heads002.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 64
  • heads001.jpg
    heads001.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Sponsors (?)

i would just wrap em up and put them under the tree and pretend like you had no idea where they came from when you opened them up with your family.

I've done that before.

Looks good. I just read a write up on them in a mag and they said there were a lot of shavings and stuff in the ports. Might wanna take a peek before throwing them on, you wouldn't want that **** going through your motor. Do you have the motor out and apart or something?? Are you notching the pistons? They definitely seem like a great head for the money, can't wait to see how they perform.

Yeah stock pistons, you think I'll have to notch them with a cam with only .500 lift and 1.6 rr?

Engines still in and running, just it smokes and idles kinda rough, no blue smoke though! I've looked them over very well I don't think I see any shavings in any of the ports at all. Do you have a link to the article just for some reading material?

Thans for the encouragement guys, she should be pretty strong.

Pacecar: Do you know of any cheap dynos? One place by me will do timing and air fuel tune for like 125 for 3 passes IIRC. A place called Balance Performance.

you shouldnt have to notch them but it will get close, put some clay on the pistons and go from there, im doing my engine right now, just taking a break for a second but it should run well gtp's/stock cam for now becasue of springs/t-moss
so around my b-day ill have my cam ordered, the p headers, springs and rockers. then it will be real fast lol....

Yeah stock pistons, you think I'll have to notch them with a cam with only .500 lift and 1.6 rr?

Engines still in and running, just it smokes and idles kinda rough, no blue smoke though! I've looked them over very well I don't think I see any shavings in any of the ports at all. Do you have a link to the article just for some reading material?

Thans for the encouragement guys, she should be pretty strong.

Pacecar: Do you know of any cheap dynos? One place by me will do timing and air fuel tune for like 125 for 3 passes IIRC. A place called Balance Performance.

Lift has nothing to do with PTV clearance. When your valves are fully open the pistion is normally at or close to BDC. Duration and overlap are what has a bigger effect on whether or not your valves will hit. I would clay them, but I think you'll run into issues. With a TFS cam and pro comp heads my valves just barely cleared.

I think coupe performance charges like 65 or 75 bucks for 3 runs with A/F. You wont be doing any A/F tuning without a custom tune, even if you up the fuel pressure the computer will adjust the duty cycle. I'll bring my distributor wrench and timing light. Scott is usually pretty cool about lettin people make small adjustments between runs. His shop is in covington.

There is also Allspeed in Peachtree city. They have a very nice shop and an in ground dyno. I also know the owner.

It doesn't look like they have it on the site yet. It was MM&FF. It's in the latest issue.

I think you will definitely run into a clearance issue with 2.02" valves and stock pistons. Usually the only 2.02 heads that clear with untouched stock pistons are Twisted Wedges. Even if you clay them and they do clear, you need a certain amount of clearance, so they might not clear by enough. Do you plan on pulling the motor and rebuilding the lower end? If so, you will be able to have the pistons fly-cut. I'm not sure if you could notch them in the car. That would probably be a very sketchy operation.

Lift has nothing to do with PTV clearance. When your valves are fully open the pistion is normally at or close to BDC. Duration and overlap are what has a bigger effect on whether or not your valves will hit. I would clay them, but I think you'll run into issues. With a TFS cam and pro comp heads my valves just barely cleared.

I think coupe performance charges like 65 or 75 bucks for 3 runs with A/F. You wont be doing any A/F tuning without a custom tune, even if you up the fuel pressure the computer will adjust the duty cycle. I'll bring my distributor wrench and timing light. Scott is usually pretty cool about lettin people make small adjustments between runs. His shop is in covington.

There is also Allspeed in Peachtree city. They have a very nice shop and an in ground dyno. I also know the owner.

do you have any info on claying and how to determine if a combo will work on your bottom end. like a detailed write up or something

I did a search and found that you can cut them in place using a piston notching tool. It basically goes into the head in place of the valve so it hits right where the valve would and it makes notches. Google piston notching tool and see what it comes up with.

I can' really rebuild my bottom end just yet, I don't have any money or time to do such an extensive build.

I did a search and found that you can cut them in place using a piston notching tool. It basically goes into the head in place of the valve so it hits right where the valve would and it makes notches. Google piston notching tool and see what it comes up with.

I can' really rebuild my bottom end just yet, I don't have any money or time to do such an extensive build.

Re-ringing your current pistons and putting in new rod/main/cam bearings is not really all that extensive or costly.

Deffinitly check ur ptv. I should get my patriot heads today. They are in my town, just not at my house yet.

Mine are going to the best head porter around so he can check them out. (he is know for porting e7's to run 11''s) So we will see what he has to say about them.

I have also heard from a number of people to take the heads apart to make sure the casting is clean.