Loose to a cavaleir??

Rage332

Mar 18, 2004
Hey, my other account isn't workign so im gona post on this one for a while. I was curious, would my friends 95 cavaleir be able to beat my 97 6 popper? I beat a cavaleir ss once but im not sure, all the guys done to it is put one of those coffee can exhaust mufflers on it and added a better air filter other wise its all stock. Would i be able to beat it? Mine is an automatic and so is his

• Sponsors (?)

The other guy has good driveing skills ?

The other has a bottle?

The other guys car was prettyer than yours.

The other guys car is front wheel drive and has better traction ?

You feel a sleep at the light?

Your still a sleep dreaming of looseing to a Caviler ?

Your still hooked up to the Matrix?

Rage332 said:
Hey, my other account isn't workign so im gona post on this one for a while. I was curious, would my friends 95 cavaleir be able to beat my 97 6 popper? I beat a cavaleir ss once but im not sure, all the guys done to it is put one of those coffee can exhaust mufflers on it and added a better air filter other wise its all stock. Would i be able to beat it? Mine is an automatic and so is his

:lol: :rlaugh: Ok....the only mods you're going to need to beat a Cavalier in the quarter mile are: 1.) A good pair of running shoes. 2.) A 12oz bottle of Gatorade. Let me put it to you this way: if you lose to a Cavalier in the 1/8, 1/4, or cross-country, you have problems...big problems...because that's no Stang you're driving, it's a Kia Rio. :D

Mike98GT said:
I had a cavalier. It was quick for a 4-banger, but please, I got my ass beat by minivans!

Prior to this Stang, I was driving a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire which is, as you all know, a Cavalier with a different logo. It was slow as the "expletive deleted", but it beat the Cavaliers. A good race for a Cavalier would be a Celica GTS. Those things are crap. I beat one in a 1991 Honda Civic DX, bone stock, with 150,000 miles on it. The GTS was brand new, candy red with a body kit. I feel sorry for the people blowing $33k on that P.O.S. Oh wait, no I don't...they deserve it if they're going to spend that on rice. :D

Mean03V6 said:
Prior to this Stang, I was driving a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire which is, as you all know, a Cavalier with a different logo. It was slow as the "expletive deleted", but it beat the Cavaliers. A good race for a Cavalier would be a Celica GTS. Those things are crap. I beat one in a 1991 Honda Civic DX, bone stock, with 150,000 miles on it. The GTS was brand new, candy red with a body kit. I feel sorry for the people blowing $33k on that P.O.S. Oh wait, no I don't...they deserve it if they're going to spend that on rice. :D

Ok ima have to disagree on that one. A celica gts will run like a 15.7 in the quarter with a half decent driver. I don't think the best cavalier driver can do that stock. I think it runs about a 15.5 with a good driver.

On another note, wtf is a cavalier SS. they got like the z24. Ive never heard of a SS cavalier though

Mean03V6 said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
He must not have been racing. The Celica is not terribly heavier, and makes over 100 more hp. There was no way you beat one if he was trying even a little bit, My girl just got rid of her '91 DX, it's 70hp and 90LbFt. :notnice:

Mean03V6 said:

What the crap are you talking about? A manual GT-S Celi would totally own you if they can drive. Good drivers run in the high 14's STOCK. Auto's ARE WAAAAY slower though, like high 16's, because they can't stay in lift because of the spacing of the 4speed Auto vs. the 6speed Manual, however, you would get owned by a well-driven 6-Speed GT-S. Also, they start at 22k, so you were 50% over with your guess. Finally, and most importantly to this topic, the most recent Z24 Cavi's w/ manual tranny's run mid-15's stock with good drivers, so, once again that is definately in our league. Most cavi's are not Z24 and even less are Z24 manuals, but they're out there and you're gonna be putting your foot in your mouth hardcore when a lightly modded one stomps your auto V6. The 2.2 OHV engines aren't anything special and neither is the Ecotec 2.2 which is now standard across the board, but the Z24 from the last few years is no slouch compared to a V6 Mustang. Get your facts straight before you start bashing other cars.

nomuffler said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
He must not have been racing. The Celica is not terribly heavier, and makes over 100 more hp. There was no way you beat one if he was trying even a little bit, My girl just got rid of her '91 DX, it's 70hp and 90LbFt. :notnice:

Oh I expected to be flamed for that comment. :D Believe it, don't, I don't much care. It happened either way, and yes, he was trying...very very hard.
But, who's to argue. Later. :cool:

5-SpeedStallion said:
What the crap are you talking about? A manual GT-S Celi would totally own you if they can drive. Good drivers run in the high 14's STOCK. Auto's ARE WAAAAY slower though, like high 16's, because they can't stay in lift because of the spacing of the 4speed Auto vs. the 6speed Manual, however, you would get owned by a well-driven 6-Speed GT-S. Also, they start at 22k, so you were 50% over with your guess. Finally, and most importantly to this topic, the most recent Z24 Cavi's w/ manual tranny's run mid-15's stock with good drivers, so, once again that is definately in our league. Most cavi's are not Z24 and even less are Z24 manuals, but they're out there and you're gonna be putting your foot in your mouth hardcore when a lightly modded one stomps your auto V6. The 2.2 OHV engines aren't anything special and neither is the Ecotec 2.2 which is now standard across the board, but the Z24 from the last few years is no slouch compared to a V6 Mustang. Get your facts straight before you start bashing other cars.

:mad: Exactly WTF is your problem man? Every time I post on this site, you come along and try to flame me. What's the deal? GTS Celica running stock wouldn't see 14's downhill with a good tail wind. FACT. Maybe YOU should get that straight. $22k start price? Don't know what world you're living on, but around here, it's $26,578.35 to the cent, and that's the factory list price on a GT, not a GTS. The Toyota dealer 15 minutes from my house has a Black 2003 GTS for $43,320.78 because they tinted the windows, dropped it and slapped rims on it. As for getting stomped by a Cavalier, I've dropped brand new Civic Si's in my Stang, and we all know that the Si is a much much quicker car than a Cavi, be it Z24 or whatever. I don't know where you're getting your facts from, but you are kidding yourself if you think that a Cavalier is going to beat a Mustang straight up. "GTS-Celi"? Are you a closet rice boy? I'm not bashing other cars, I'm telling you from experience what I know. And I know that if you think a Cavalier is going to beat a Mustang straight up, then you're a fool.

Years ago I raced my sister-in-law's 1996 Z24 auto, bone stock. It ran 16.15@85 MPH. I am sure with more practice, I could have gotten maybe a high, high 15 out of the car. The stick shifts were faster because my brother was always biching about it.

My sister-in-law's old 1996 Z24 would beat a 1997 V6 Mustang, and destroy it if the Stang is an auto, stock to stock, hell even if the Stang is modded I would still put money of the Cav.

I just to see people bashing cars that are as slow as their own. If you say Z24's are slow, what are referring to..hell, I could say that, but I have fast cars so my point of reference is different.

Mean03V6 said:
:mad: Exactly WTF is your problem man? Every time I post on this site, you come along and try to flame me. What's the deal?

It's nothing personal if thats what you are getting at, but you complain about ricers all the time but you do the same thing they do... make statements about cars you can beat w/o even knowing that the very one's you make fun of could hang w/ or beat you. So, nothing against you, just the ignorant/ricer mentality in general.

Mean03V6 said:
GTS Celica running stock wouldn't see 14's downhill with a good tail wind. FACT. Maybe YOU should get that straight.

Maybe an older one, but since you are talking about new car pricing, I assume you mean new. Why don't you stroll on over to newcelica.org and tell all those guys that they can't break 14's STOCK. They'll laugh in your face because they do it all the time. Check the timeslips page. Not many stock ones listed but there are several in the 14.5-14.6 area w/ only intake, some in the same range with back seat removed, one that ran 14.99 stock and now 14.5 with DR's (he is listed under the 14.5 but also tells his stock run.), and many more like them, which would show that they could easily run 14's STOCK, unless you think CAI shaves .5 seconds. Many of these also have timeslips and some videos for proof.

Disclaimer: Auto GT-S's run high 16's- low 17's because they can't land in the powerband with only 4 gears instead of the 6 gears of the manual.

Mean03V6 said:
$22k start price? Don't know what world you're living on, but around here, it's $26,578.35 to the cent, and that's the factory list price on a GT, not a GTS. The Toyota dealer 15 minutes from my house has a Black 2003 GTS for $43,320.78 because they tinted the windows, dropped it and slapped rims on it.

What's that in, YEN??? Toyota.com says the base price for a GT-S is $22,570 http://www.toyota.com/celica/

Mean03V6 said:
As for getting stomped by a Cavalier, I've dropped brand new Civic Si's in my Stang, and we all know that the Si is a much much quicker car than a Cavi, be it Z24 or whatever.

Well, you knew wrong. Check out this link. Several of them have run mid-15's stock with Z24's AND Ecotec 2.2's. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=358&t=319#358

Mean03V6 said:
I don't know where you're getting your facts from, but you are kidding yourself if you think that a Cavalier is going to beat a Mustang straight up..

Manual vs. Manual, the Mustang SHOULD beat them, but Auto V6 vs. Manual Z24, the Cavi could definately win.

Mean03V6 said:
"GTS-Celi"? Are you a closet rice boy?

Ricer= "Person who does tacky, non-performance mods to their car and/or pretends like his car is faster than it really is." (BYW, it isn't "Every car that you don't like")

By that definition, which is the commonly held definition, I'm not a ricer. Just because I abbreviate "Celica," doesn't make me a ricer. I just wanted to save time and now I'm a ricer because of it?

Mean03V6 said:
I'm not bashing other cars, I'm telling you from experience what I know. And I know that if you think a Cavalier is going to beat a Mustang straight up, then you're a fool.

Well, I know that if you think any STOCK V6 other than a Manual 99+ is going to beat a mid-15 second STOCK Cavileer, then... yeah, you get the point.

About 5 plus years ago I saw in HotRod Magazine where the Z24 Cavi's was running 16's bone stock. So if the guy has put his money under the hood instead of on dumb spoilers and wheels he may have something going on there :shrug:

Pro-Hawk said:
About 5 plus years ago I saw in HotRod Magazine where the Z24 Cavi's was running 16's bone stock. So if the guy has put his money under the hood instead of on dumb spoilers and wheels he may have something going on there :shrug:

I remember i raced a stock looking old body style z24(maybe early 90's) and he finished head to head with my 16.0 flat pass.