Loose to a cavaleir??

5-SpeedStallion said:
It's nothing personal if thats what you are getting at, but you complain about ricers all the time but you do the same thing they do... make statements about cars you can beat w/o even knowing that the very one's you make fun of could hang w/ or beat you. So, nothing against you, just the ignorant/ricer mentality in general.

Maybe an older one, but since you are talking about new car pricing, I assume you mean new. Why don't you stroll on over to newcelica.org and tell all those guys that they can't break 14's STOCK. They'll laugh in your face because they do it all the time. Check the timeslips page. Not many stock ones listed but there are several in the 14.5-14.6 area w/ only intake, some in the same range with back seat removed, one that ran 14.99 stock and now 14.5 with DR's (he is listed under the 14.5 but also tells his stock run.), and many more like them, which would show that they could easily run 14's STOCK, unless you think CAI shaves .5 seconds. Many of these also have timeslips and some videos for proof.

Disclaimer: Auto GT-S's run high 16's- low 17's because they can't land in the powerband with only 4 gears instead of the 6 gears of the manual.

What's that in, YEN??? Toyota.com says the base price for a GT-S is $22,570 http://www.toyota.com/celica/

Well, you knew wrong. Check out this link. Several of them have run mid-15's stock with Z24's AND Ecotec 2.2's. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=358&t=319#358

Manual vs. Manual, the Mustang SHOULD beat them, but Auto V6 vs. Manual Z24, the Cavi could definately win.

Ricer= "Person who does tacky, non-performance mods to their car and/or pretends like his car is faster than it really is." (BYW, it isn't "Every car that you don't like")

By that definition, which is the commonly held definition, I'm not a ricer. Just because I abbreviate "Celica," doesn't make me a ricer. I just wanted to save time and now I'm a ricer because of it?

Well, I know that if you think any STOCK V6 other than a Manual 99+ is going to beat a mid-15 second STOCK Cavileer, then... yeah, you get the point.

Man, I'm so glad that this isn't personal. :rolleyes: If you can find a Celica GTS on a dealership lot being sold for $22k, I'll eat it. Seriously. Don't take this personally, but I love how you stickshift guys always hate on the automatics. You are not going to lose a full two seconds in the quarter mile just because you have an automatic. But..what's the point in telling you that? I'm just another person with "ricer mentality", right? :rolleyes: :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey now i own a street legal cavalier that i bet most stangs cant hang with. its a 89 cavalier z24 with small block chevy and 2 nitrous plates and 2 foggers on it and yea it is street legal.

dysinger1 said:
Hey now i own a street legal cavalier that i bet most stangs cant hang with. its a 89 cavalier z24 with small block chevy and 2 nitrous plates and 2 foggers on it and yea it is street legal.

You got some pics of this car? I well need pics of the motor compartment, front/back of car, and under the car. Also what State you got the car legal also? I just want to see how legal this car really is :)

How do you run two nitrous plates ? Sorry I'm not a nitrous type of guy :D

Mean03V6 said:
Man, I'm so glad that this isn't personal. :rolleyes: If you can find a Celica GTS on a dealership lot being sold for $22k, I'll eat it. Seriously. Don't take this personally, but I love how you stickshift guys always hate on the automatics. You are not going to lose a full two seconds in the quarter mile just because you have an automatic. But..what's the point in telling you that? I'm just another person with "ricer mentality", right? :rolleyes: :bs:

Just because I said in a factual setting that auto's are slower doesn't mean I'm "hating on them." That accusation makes no sense. Also, who said 2 seconds??? Last time I checked, the difference was somewhere between .5 and 1 second, low-mid 15's vs. high 15's-low 16's. Now that you lost the CeliCA argument and the CaviLEER argument, you're changing the subject and trying to pin something on me that I never said.

5-SpeedStallion said:
you're changing the subject and trying to pin something on me that I never said.

Dude your just a chump and you need to admit it !!! J/K :D

Some people are never wrong and hate to admit and that is my opinion of whats going on :rolleyes:

Most autos that I've seen are set up different in timming along with other things. Look at the 88' TC the A4LD is rated at 140hp while the T-5 version is rated at 190hp :nice:

Now in a all out balls to the wall race a stick is the best, but in bracket racing a auto is the best. :spot:

As the owner of a 2000 Celica GTS (6 speed, 32 mpg daily driver, bought it used for 13K in 2002), a '92 Mustang GT, and a '65 Mustang coupe, I have some experience with a variety of cars. I have also test driven 94-98 V6, Gt, and Cobras and have ridden in a Z24 Cav on several occasions.

By the seat of my pants, a drag between Celica GTS, Cav Z24, and a V6 Mustang would pretty much be a drivers race, especially if we are talking about the average joe.

The Celica is marginally faster, but only if you are prepared to ring the everliving he[[ out of it. Most folks aren't willing to spin a street car up above 7000 RPM though. In addition, The Celica GTS wouldn't be fun with the automatic. Its power peak is above 5000 rpm.

Automatic cars are almost always slower from the factory. This is due to the power loss through the torque converter, fact not opinion. :nice:

[/QUOTE]Now that you lost the CeliCA argument and the CaviLEER argument, you're changing the subject and trying to pin something on me that I never said.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: Sure man. Why not? :rolleyes: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: Say, is this Toyota.com because last I checked, Mustangs were the topic of conversation :shrug: :OT: I will admit when I'm wrong, for the record. It's just that this time, I happen to be right.

[/QUOTE]Disclaimer: Auto GT-S's run high 16's- low 17's because they can't land in the powerband with only 4 gears instead of the 6 gears of the manual.[/QUOTE]

:shrug: Um, excuse me for just a sec, but, didn't you earlier in this post claim that the manuals run mid 14's? I'm sorry, but isn't it 2 seconds from 14.5 to 16.5 or 17? Yeah, and I'm the one blowing smoke, right? :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]Maybe an older one, but since you are talking about new car pricing, I assume you mean new. Why don't you stroll on over to newcelica.org and tell all those guys that they can't break 14's STOCK. They'll laugh in your face because they do it all the time. Check the timeslips page. Not many stock ones listed but there are several in the 14.5-14.6 area w/ only intake, some in the same range with back seat removed, one that ran 14.99 stock and now 14.5 with DR's (he is listed under the 14.5 but also tells his stock run.), and many more like them, which would show that they could easily run 14's STOCK, unless you think CAI shaves .5 seconds. Many of these also have timeslips and some videos for proof.

Disclaimer: Auto GT-S's run high 16's- low 17's because they can't land in the powerband with only 4 gears instead of the 6 gears of the manual.

:scratch: Hey man, I hate to bother you, but I have a question. You say I'm falsely accusing you of claiming a stickshift is two seconds faster than an automatic? Well...is it not 2 seconds from 14.5 to 16.5 or 17? Is this not your statement? Because I could swear that it IS a 2 second difference you are claiming. Let me know if I'm wrong, will you? Maybe I'm friggin dislexic or something...but i think not. :shrug:

Mean03V6 said:
Maybe an older one, but since you are talking about new car pricing, I assume you mean new. Why don't you stroll on over to newcelica.org and tell all those guys that they can't break 14's STOCK. They'll laugh in your face because they do it all the time. Check the timeslips page. Not many stock ones listed but there are several in the 14.5-14.6 area w/ only intake, some in the same range with back seat removed, one that ran 14.99 stock and now 14.5 with DR's (he is listed under the 14.5 but also tells his stock run.), and many more like them, which would show that they could easily run 14's STOCK, unless you think CAI shaves .5 seconds. Many of these also have timeslips and some videos for proof.

:scratch: Hey man, I hate to bother you, but I have a question. You say I'm falsely accusing you of claiming a stickshift is two seconds faster than an automatic? Well...is it not 2 seconds from 14.5 to 16.5 or 17? Is this not your statement? Because I could swear that it IS a 2 second difference you are claiming. Let me know if I'm wrong, will you? Maybe I'm friggin dislexic or something...but i think not. :shrug:

Well, originally I thought you were saying that I "hated on" Mustang V6 Auto's since I was talking about how they would conceivably lose to a Z24. Not that a manual couldn't but more likely an auto. Anyway, now that I know that you are talking about Celicas, I can answer accordingly. The fact is, I am not 'hating on auto's,' the Celica GT-S AUTO is 2 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile. The reason being that the Celica GT-S is essentially a GT until ~5k where it 'hits lift' and enters its powerband. So, it is WAAAAAY slower for 2 reasons.

1) The automatic cars cannot "land lift" when upshifting, therefore dropping them out of the powerband wasting precious time trying to get into it.

2) 4 gears (Auto) instead of 6 (Man) means MUCH taller gears, so not only do you not end up in 'lift' AND stay there longer, you also accelerate much slower to begin with.

These 2 factors contribute to the fact that Celica GT-S Autos are often ~2 seconds slower than their manual counterparts. Once again, don't believe me, go to newcelica.org and look it up or even ask. They will prove me right.

Seriously im with Indy this crap is rediculous! I dont know what talking $hit is going to get any of you. The FACT is that stock for stock a manual with a good driver is always going to be faster than an Auto....its the simple truth. Go race and find out and when u loose to a manual cavileer Z24...dont go bitchin and making up excuses. Im out...back to the V8 side