Lost my Stang, learned a lesson

• Sponsors (?)

I will admit that i have driven drunk before...and that one time was enough to make me realize that i will never do it again. I didnt hit anything, i only drove 3 blocks, and everything went fine, but i thought to myself if god forbid anything ever happened to me or my car after drinking, i wouldnt be able to deal with myself. I always know my limit when im going to drive after drinking and anything after 3 beers i have someone hide the keys til morning and i sleep there, or get a ride to the dorm and get the car the next morning. Last weekend i was drinking from about 8-12 and i had about 6 beers, but i stopped drinking at 12, and drove home at around 3am. I was totally fine to drive, and i knew that i was making a responsible decision to get behind the wheel. Unfortunately the roads were very slick and i did hit a curb in my car, but it had nothing to do with me being drunk. When people found out, they were like you were drinking! Yes, this is true, but its all about knowing your limit. I knew i was totally fine to drive, and i would never put me or my car in danger if i thought i was incapacitated in any way. Its a good thing i wasnt being followed because if a cop saw me he probably would have smelled beer on my breath. Even though i was absolutely fine to drive, things like this can happen, and its probably not worth getting your license taken away just to get home. From now on, even if im fine to drive, im not driving if alcohol has touched my face. It was just an unfortunate situation where the roads were bad, and i lost a slight bit of control even though i was only going about 10 mph. That said, none of us are angels, we all make mistakes, but drinking and driving is one that hopefully none of us have any more mishaps with.

its true, everyone makes mistakes... but with all the advertising and media these days, I would not consider drinking and driving a mistake. Everyone knows the consequences and if you do it, you know what you're getting into.

"Whoops... i'm ****faced... Whoops, now i'm driving my car." <- thats no ****ing mistake.

Thats what Im getting at, a mistake is going too fast for the conditions and hitting something. It was dumb, and avoidable but something you couldnt see happening. Driving drunk is something you see happening and know what is going to happen before it happens. It to me is like getting cancer from smoking, its not if, its when the bad thing is going to happen. Not a mistake, a stupid decision!

Lets tone the insults down in this thread. The guy realizes he screwed up and he is paying for it. I will be willing to bet that many of the people preaching in this thread have driven them selfs after a few drinks.

I am not defending drinking and driving but I don't want to see a guy who is being honest get piled on.