Low Beams Not Working - Is it the multifunction switch?

johnny_261

Dec 10, 2006
Hey Everyone,

The low beams on my car aren't working, but the high beams work fine.

I am thinking it is the multifunction switch, but I'm not entirely sure how the headlight circuit works. So maybe you guys can help clarify.

I know for the high beams, when you press the headlight switch to it's second setting, I believe it connects the black/orange (power) to the red/yellow (multifunction). See the attached photo. Is the power then sent from the multifunction switch to the high beams?

When you press the headlight switch to it's first setting for the low beams, what connections are suppose to be made in the attached diagram? Then how does the power get from here to the low beams?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• Headlight Switch.jpg
    Headlight Switch.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by "first position" the high/low beam switch is in the turn signal switch, aka multi-function switch. the headlight switch itself has a running light position and a headlight position. Maybe I am unclear on the question.

IIRC the red/yellow wire is the feed from the headlight switch (second setting) to the MF switch.

If you try Flash-to-pass, do the low beams come on (both lows and highs should)? This uses a power source other than the headlight switch, so it helps one know if the issue is on the feed or output side of things.

I would look at the MF switch. The connector for the low beam wire could have backed out of the connector.