lower intake bolts where do the 2 different ones go?

svtpower

Apr 30, 2005
Wisconsin
I should have taken more pictures when I took all this apart before winter, but I'm fumbling through it...

The 12 lower intake bolts..... 2 of them are different than the other 10.

Where abouts do the 2 different ones go?

• Sponsors (?)

one goes where the metal heater hose lines connects to the lower intake that is the only one I can think of that would be different. Are you sure you didnt put the intake bolt somewhere else by mistake?

How does it go on the metal heater hose line? Does it go underneath it and then a nut goes on over the top? If so I take it the metal heater hose line has to be put on after the lower intake is installed?

Pretty sure there was one that went in one of the back corners and brace went on over it that connected the upper and lower together. Maybe for grounding or something? Sound right?

are they just different lengths? or do they have different heads on them? i have my upper off right now, so i could check/or take pics if that helps, tomorrow, (its dark and cold and snowing right now....)

not sure what you need, but if there is a specific pic you'd like, just say what and i'll get it for you tomorrow

How does it go on the metal heater hose line? Does it go underneath it and then a nut goes on over the top? If so I take it the metal heater hose line has to be put on after the lower intake is installed?

Pretty sure there was one that went in one of the back corners and brace went on over it that connected the upper and lower together. Maybe for grounding or something? Sound right?

Yeah you bolt down your intake with that bolt and then you slide the metal hose over it and lock it down with a nut.as far as a brace maybe IDK I dont ever rember having that on my car

Thanks that makes sense. Yeah I am pretty sure these all go to the lower intake. I have the upper intake ones separate....and there is one of the strange bolts in that bunch too.

33d84co.jpg

Thanks that makes sense. Yeah I am pretty sure these all go to the lower intake. I have the upper intake ones separate....and there is one of the strange bolts in that bunch too.

33d84co.jpg

That bar does look familiar but I dont know from where. I know I havent seen it in a LONG time. I dont think you need it. I would just run those bolts in as long as the intake seals is all that REALLY matters

You are correct. The bar goes on the back of the manifold. I have no idea why Ford put it there. It might have had something to do with the factory assembly process. It wouldn't work on my Explorer manifold so I just put it on the shelf with the engine lift brackets.

On mine one went for the heater hose and the other stud wasnt on the intake but was a support bracket for the fuel rail that mounted on the passenger side near the header