Lowering Job

tallman6plus

Dec 12, 2003
Choctaw OK
I was thinking about lowering my 91' 302 but about an inch to an inch and 1/2 and was wondering if any of you have had any problems with it being closer to the ground the ride in general...things along that line. Also I was told that I would just need to buy the springs and will not need to get the camber kit and so on...true or just a myth. :shrug: This is with the 16x7 4 lug pony rims...

Thanks,
Tallman

• Sponsors (?)

You will probably get mixed answers with this one! The best thing to do is install the caster / camber plates with your new springs. Also, a bump steer kit wouldn't hurt either. ( I only did the shocks, struts, & springs. I'm still saving up for the other stuff ) Far as ride goes, any time you take away spring height & go stiffer the ride will become more harsh. However it's a sacrifice worth taking for the much improved handling. ( and looks! )

As long as you don't lower the car more than 1.5 inches bump steer doesn't really effect the 1990 and newer Mustangs.

My car is lowered 1" in front and 1" in the rear. I have subframes that hang down a little, ground effects, and a T/A. None of it scrapes unless I go into a parking lot with a big ^ at the entrance. You guys know what I'm talking about... Anyway, you just hit that at an angle and it doesn't drag. It also depends on what size tires you're going to be running. I have 245/45/16's.

You might not have to have C/C plates, but they make a big difference in handling and tire wear. I would suggest getting them.

True, the ride does get a little more harsh when you lower the car, but that is where some really good struts and shocks come into play. Bilstiens or the 5 way adj. Tokicos. My ride is firm, not harsh. Ever ride in a new Vette? That's how it feels. Forgive me for comparing my Stang to a Chevy.