LX taillights?

tillmanspeed

Jun 4, 2006
Okay I'm looking to put a new set of lenses on a worn out set of LX taillights. I found lenses all over, but the reverse section looks like the typical white/clear. I've seen a ton of cars where they look smoked. Is this something everyones doing aftermarket with tint spray? Or do they sell a smoked "reverse light" version. Not the whole tail smoked, just the reverse lights? Any help appreciated.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

These are what LX tails should look like

Berkley_rear.JPG

tillmanspeed said:
Okay I'm looking to put a new set of lenses on a worn out set of LX taillights. I found lenses all over, but the reverse section looks like the typical white/clear. I've seen a ton of cars where they look smoked. Is this something everyones doing aftermarket with tint spray? Or do they sell a smoked "reverse light" version. Not the whole tail smoked, just the reverse lights? Any help appreciated.

Chris

To answer you'r question you can either get regular LX tails (like in the pic shown) OR Smoked LX Tails .... aswell as other types of tailights... but I have not seen any tails sold as you said.. So My best guess would be that you would have to purchase tint spray and do it yourself.

Okay, well I found myself a set of stock tails. I guess I'll put them on and see if I can use the tint spray and make it look decent. I'm ordering a set of new lenses for them anyway, so if I screw up, whatever.

Yea I've seen these taillights atleast once or twice. The red section is the same but where the reverse lights are is really dark. It looks sick on black, red, or darker colored cars.

Chris

You could also avoid using the tint spray and instead paint the inside of the housing (just in the reverse light section) a darker gray. If you use the tine spray, I would spray it on the inside of the lense so it will has a glossy look from the outside.

spray tint works if you do not use too much/too many coats of it... it likes to make things turn a purple/red color if you use alot of it. i used it on a few things with a decent turnout.. that and transparent red looks dope on certain things. i made a set of clears tails, half clear half red and it looked good

The tinted tails are available in the aftermarket, as are the head and side lights.
Check with 5.0resto, they should have them.

If not thumb through a MM&FF mag and you will find them.

They are not street legal, just in case a cop wants to mess with you.

jason