mac catback installed

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
this is a little bit of a boring thread without video but thought id share my experience anyway.

the exhaust on my car consisted of a new stainless pypes o/r x pipe , stock catback with weld-in 40 series mufflers. the mufflers were totally shot. metal loose and bouncing around. it made for a very loud and overly raspy sound.

picked up a "used" mac catback (tk9635) from a guy off corral. super nice guy to deal with and was very honest. the kit looks new. 2.5" with 3.5" polished tips. i scored this for $275 shipped. the cheapest i could find it anywhere else was $356 shipped, and that was with a discount. of course that was new but this kit i got might as well have been new.

install done by myself and a friend with the help of a lift. about 2 hr and 45 min to get rid of the old exhaust and install the new. lots of adjustment in this kit which is good and bad. but id rather have too much than not enough. fitment was very good overall. no leaks. and only one little clank when i hit a large bump in the road ( piping was tapping the frame above the drivers rear tire = fixed by a piece of rubber hose ). i very much like the ability to slide the tips back and forth on the tailpipes to control where the exit.

the sound is very deep at idle. mated with the o/r x pipe, it has a rasp at higher rpm but still a toned controlled sound. i like it alot. very loud.

the only complaint i have is that since the tips are rolled, they look smaller than 3.5. even so, they still look nice.

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Odd request but could you measure how long the mufflers are? I am wanting to put a set into my slp catback.

man id be more than happy to but ive already got it on the car. no idea when i will have access to that lift again. i can try and get a tape under the car but its pretty low.

I bought my mac exhaust from possibly the same guy on corral years ago. I also had the same clunk and it drove me crazy. I went to 3 different exhaust shops to fix it. I wish I would have thought of the hose thing. I had Mac LT's, Prochamber and same catback. Loved that sound. I switched to IRS and now have the Bassani cat back. Really wish I could have stayed with the Mac. Loved it.