Mach 1 chin spoiler handling.

I just went down to Brothers and bought one. They are 5 minutes from my office. It was $90 and I got it unfolded. My friend bought a CAI for his 5.0 too, they were happy for a slow Saturday.

• Sponsors (?)

Do these things come with screws? There is none in my box. The only thing on there to mount it, is the plastic push type screws that are already in the chin spoiler. There is a bunch of extra holes all around it, for other screws. I wouldnt trust just the couple of snap screws in there now. Is it missing mounting hardware?

Thanks.

Well, it is on. It was sort of a PITA lining it up. I am very picky, so it is not perfect to me. But, to most people it probably is. I filled every hole with the plastic deals I bought. Here are some pics, I think it makes the front look a lot better.

100_5749.jpg

100_5750.jpg

100_5751.jpg

100_5752.jpg

100_5758.jpg

100_5760.jpg

FivePointStang said:
I like the white/black theme on your car. Bet those wheels are a bitch to keep clean, though. :)

Did you use anything besides the push screws (doublesided tape or any other adhesive)?

Thanks. Yes, the wheels are a pain to keep clean, but they wipe off pretty easy. :)

I used push screws only, 17 in total. I drilled the holes just right, so they went in really snug.

FivePointStang said:
I like the white/black theme on your car. Bet those wheels are a bitch to keep clean, though. :)

Did you use anything besides the push screws (doublesided tape or any other adhesive)?

I went to hardware store and got screws and nuts. You can get the spoiler more snug to the car that way. Leave the spoiler out in direct sunlight for a couple hours before installation. It will make the material more pliable and easier to work with when stretching to fit...

For anyone else thinking about buying a chin spoiler out there:

Yes, they went up in price - higher demand?

Best bet (I did this) call your Ford dealer. Part 3R3Z17626AAA, they may call it a "lower valance". No shipping, no folding, about $110. Plus you get the OEM part for your car! Comes in a box, they guarantee no scratches! I opened it up right there and checked it. If they're any good they can hook you up with the x-mas tree pop rivets, otherwise get 'em at Autozone or Ebay.

Be careful of any other spoiler, there are cheap imitations out there!

Two good links for installing:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/07/Project01GT/
http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=3715&album=7397

Just tape the spoiler to the car, start at one end do the other, work toward the middle. Took me about 20 minutes, looks perfect!:nice:

orso123 said:
For anyone else thinking about buying a chin spoiler out there:

Yes, they went up in price - higher demand?

Best bet (I did this) call your Ford dealer. Part 3R3Z17626AAA, they may call it a "lower valance". No shipping, no folding, about $110. Plus you get the OEM part for your car! Comes in a box, they guarantee no scratches! I opened it up right there and checked it. If they're any good they can hook you up with the x-mas tree pop rivets, otherwise get 'em at Autozone or Ebay.

Be careful of any other spoiler, there are cheap imitations out there!

Two good links for installing:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/07/Project01GT/
http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=3715&album=7397

Just tape the spoiler to the car, start at one end do the other, work toward the middle. Took me about 20 minutes, looks perfect!:nice:

The one you got.... is it like rubbery type? Or feel like normal plastic?

Mine came folded so i let it sit overnite and it was fine. no lines or nothin when i put it on the car. I got mine for 80 bucks, shipping included, from some dealer on ebay that had a crapload of them, and i've had no problems with it at all. i have pics of it in My Garage.

FivePointStang said:

Just use the push screws. There should be 17 total...3 are already in the spoiler and 15 1/4" push-pins.

Don't use screws because if you ever hit anything with the spoiler the screws will pull out and might take chunks of the bumper along with it. The push-pins will give out and allow the spoiler to pull free. You may lose the spoiler, but won't damage your bumper.

No need to worry though as i've had my chin on for 2+ years now with the push-pins and it's still tight and i have plowed through snowbanks with that spoiler (no pun intended)

I called mustangtuning.com about getting a new one for my GT. They said the part had been discontinued. Maybe that why there has been a price hike. My spoiler went all wavy on me...does anyone know how I might got about straightening it back out?