Mach 1 Mach 1 Convention Las Vegas!!! and "TOYO T1-S HELP TACH9 GO TO VEGAS RAFFLE" Thread

351c.i.d

Aug 16, 2003
vacaville, ca
The first annual Mach 1 Roundup will be held Oct. 1-3 2004 in Las Vegas!!!! Tach9 over at www.mach1.org has been organizing all of the events and has secured the Alexis Park Hotel for a group discount on rooms. For all information on the convention please head over here: http://www.mach-1.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

The founder of this event, Tach9 has run into some bad luck on the financial side of the house. Because of this, he can't make it to his OWN convention. So we have organized a raffle to help him out. Here is information from the original thread below:

Ok people, we've had numerous people voice their support for Tach9 and all of us here at the "HELP AARON foundation" are very thankful!

So like I said in the original thread, Aaron won't accept money for nothing. Trust me we all know that Aaron has given a lot and most just want to give the money to him, but he just won't accept it. I think we all understand why. So we came up with a plan to raffle off a set of
Toyo T1-S 245/45 ZR-17 tires. I'm sure there are others who want a different size, so I'll see if I can organize something later to maybe offer a different size. Just remember that all of this is to help out Tach9 so bear with us if we can't change tire size. If anything you can sell them if you choose not to use them.

The raffle tickets will be $20 a piece. You're welcome to purchase as many as you like, but 20 bucks will get you one....40 will get you two...etc. etc. I have a paypal account that I can use to accept money. If you don't feel comfortable using paypal you can send a check/money order to me personally. I know some of you just might not feel comfortable sending money to someone you've never met, but I will document and send confirmations to everyone that I receive money from. I'll try to do the best I can so everyone feels as safe as possible with their money.

To use paypal go to www.paypal.com. You have to have a personal account that uses a credit card or a bank account to transfer money from. If you don't have an account it's very easy to set one up! Just click on the "sign up for your FREE paypal account" link and follow the instructions. Many of us already use this method to pay Tach9 for the parts we order. It's a safe and secure transaction. You're welcome to check out the site and read up on it before you use it. For those of you who have paypal already please send the money to:

[email protected] this is the email address you will use to send money to my account.

Please annotate in the remarks section how many tickets you wish to buy and your personal info such as screen name/name, email address and a personal address in case you would like a mailed version of your confirmation. Also please let me know if you plan to attend the convention, which is where we will be having the raffle at. If not we will notify you by email if you win. Just a quick note, if you pay throug pay pal with a credit card, I get charged 3.0% by pay pal to claim the money. So if you can add your personal bank account to your profile and send money from your checking account it's completely free and all of your money gets to the raffle.

For those of you that send by paypal, as soon as I receive the money, I will save a copy of the transaction and photocopy it and either email it to the individual or mail it. Please hold on to the confirmation as you will need it to receive your raffle ticket in Las Vegas. For those of you that won't be attending I will see to it that your raffle ticket (or tickets) make it into the drawing so you get a fair chance like everyone else.

For those of you who don't wish to use paypal, you can send a check or money order to my home address.

Steven Foley
C/O Mach1 Convention Raffle
6248 Vanden Rd.
Vacaville, CA 95687

I will be moving into a new house w/in the next month and will have all of my mail forwarded. If you feel more comfortable waiting until I post my new address, please feel free to do so. Again I will photocopy the check/money order as proof of donation and will either email/mail the confirmation to the individual. I know some people might not like the idea of photocopying the check for obvious reasons, so please annotate this on a seperate slip of paper. If that is the case I can photocopy the envelope that the money arrived in and use this as proof of purchase. Hold on to this as this will be the method of obtaining a raffle ticket (tickets) in vegas. Please send a small note along with donation including your screen name/name, email address/address and if you will be attending the convention.

Once we arrive in Vegas and everyone shows their confirmations, we will hand out tickets and put them in the pot to be raffled. We plan to hold the raffle at the greeting dinner and we will announce the winner there.

If this seems like overkill to anyone, just remember I want to make sure that everyone feels safe sending their money to me. The last thing I want is people thinking that Aaron and I are trying to rip them off. We all appreciate the help and willingness to support Aaron, and we'll do our best to see that everyone's donations are documented and placed in the raffle.
If you would like a Black Sheep Canyon Carvers T-shirt, please pm Tach9 for details, or email him at [email protected]

Thank you all for the help and lets get those donations in!!!!

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. Either PM me, email me at [email protected] or ask in the thread. I'll do my best to answer them as soon as possible. For those of you that don't know, I'm in the Air Force and I travel frequently, so I might not respond to right away. Please rest assured that I will do my best to get an answer to you as soon as I have access to email!

• Sponsors (?)