Mach 1 or 03 cobra?

Jun 10, 2005
Ive been looking at multiple dealerships and i honestly want to spend a little more than 12,000 on my car. I originally had planned to spend 12 and spend 5 or 6 to add some mods to it. But after looking arround i quickly fell in love with the mach 1's and cobra's. I believe it would almost be more beneficial sticking with a cobra because of the power output, I would end up spending the same ammount of money or more to get a 2v as fast as a cobra. Anyway help me out guys! Im probably going to be spending arround 20-23. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

ive seen them arround town for 21-24,500 and mach 1's seem to be shy a few thousand give or take. A cobra just seems like a better value. Does anyone know what the limits of the eaton blower are? It seems alot of people just throw pulleys on it and roll with it to get 450+ whp.

Cobra.... for the simple reason that it doesnt have a theme to it already. I would be afraid to do too much cosmetically to the Mach, Although the Cobras look great how they are.

Just take a look at your long term goals of the car

If you are going to keep is essentially stock then get the Mach.

If you are going to trash it with a bunch of cheesy mods then do it to the Cobra (or even better a V-6).

lol I'd like to get it up to atleast 500... I dont want to change it cometically except for the rims. If i were to get just a regular GT i would probably put a cobra body kit on there and fill in all the cobra letters.. So i guess the cobra is the better buy.

Well where I live (Northern California) you would be really hard pressed to find a Cobra for that price... I see Mach's usually for around 20-24K and the Cobras for 25-29K. To answer your question though, Cobra all the way!

Good luck finding a Cobra for the price range you are in.

If you had the choice, I would go with the Cobra as well for the fact that they look bad ass in their own way, and the power is there. INSANE power is only a few bolt ons away as well.

In reality, your more likely to find a nice Mach-1 for the price range. They are equally bad ass in my mind. They look sick, and they have the best 4.6 made... the 4v of course.

But it will cost alot more to get it to 500hp, and at that point I dont know if the stock internals would handle that well.

The Cobra has forged internals stock...:D

Mach's are fast stock though, as are the faster Cobra's.

If top speed and power is your objective Cobra is the most cost effective way to go, but make no mistake, gears, tires, exhaust, and driver mod should get u into the 12s easy. Many are low 12s and deep into the 11s normally aspirated with some more mods, pretty impressive for a lil 281. Mach 1 is more user friendly around town and more of a stoplight warrior when compared to the Kebra. Good luck, both are awesome cars, if the price is right I don't think you could really go wrong either way.

P.S. - The view from behind the steering wheel over the shaker is something that is unique and can't be explained in words how awesome it is.