Mach1000 problems

thomas91169

I'd donkey punch my sister.
Aug 19, 2005
Modesto, CA
well im pretty sure its a mach1000 system. its in a 02 GT if that helps.

so i can be playing cd's right, and i will press the next track button and it will go to the next track fine. but after a half hour or so after the radio warms up(so to say) when i press next track it will say "SHUFFLING OFF" and then go to "LOADING DISC 5" and itll start to play whatever is on disc 5. so ill go back to disc 3 and press next track and itll say "shuffle off" and proceed to load disc 5. if i just let disc 5 play and press next track when its playing disc5 itll say "shuffling off" and go back to track 1 on disc 5.

and the shuffle is off.

and sometimes if you fight with it and keep going from disc 5(i guess its Shuffle Off default disc now since it has some sort of infatuation with disc5) to whatever disc, itll skip to the radio like its giving up with the whole CD deal.

its really pissing me off, im about to sent a fist through the dam unit. is it something i can reset? maybe take it to ford and get a new one(though i know thats asking for rapeage) i really like the mach1000 system, other than putting maybe 2 10's in the back id rather just leave it in and not go with a aftermarket deck.

anyone else have any problems with the mach system, and if so, any solutions other than going aftermarkit or $500(i wouldnt be suprised) replacement from ford?

• Sponsors (?)